The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial Aeronautics Maths Test

Hey guys,
I'm applying to Imperial for Aeronautical Engineering, starting October 2021 and I just received an invitation to take the Maths Aptitude Test on the 9th November.

They haven't been very specific about what the test consists of so I was wondering if anyone had any details about this - is the test just maths or are there some physics questions too? Also, does this mean I will also been invited for interview as in previous years, the maths test and interviews took place on the same day...

Thanks for your help :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I have a similar question...idk how to prepare for it. Have you looked at the mock test yet?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Nope. I was thinking to "revise" before I do it, just in case we only get one shot at it.
Reply 3
Nope. I was thinking to "revise" before I do it, just in case we only get one shot at it.
Reply 4
the mock test is 3 questions form which 2 I don't think you are supposed to know. The mock isn't an actual mock with actual questions.
Reply 5
Original post by poojak
the mock test is 3 questions form which 2 I don't think you are supposed to know. The mock isn't an actual mock with actual questions.

Oh okay...thanks :smile:
Have you done it? Can we do it as many times as we want?
Reply 6
Original post by LifeofPi
Oh okay...thanks :smile:
Have you done it? Can we do it as many times as we want?

nope. you can only do it once unfortunately and its timed for 5 mins.:frown:
Original post by poojak
nope. you can only do it once unfortunately and its timed for 5 mins.:frown:

Ahh okay...lol such a joke haha. How is 3 questions meant to be a mock test uggh
Reply 8
Original post by Anonymous
Ahh okay...lol such a joke haha. How is 3 questions meant to be a mock test uggh

Yea its pretty dumb. I was expecting actual questions so we could have an idea of what could come up.
Reply 9
Original post by poojak
Yea its pretty dumb. I was expecting actual questions so we could have an idea of what could come up.

Do you think they'll just ask maths questions or do you think it's worth revising some physics concepts too? Also, when you said there were 2 questions that we're not meant to know the answers to...what did you mean by that?
Reply 10
Has anyone had an invitation for an interview yet?
Reply 11
Original post by zadhair

A lot of people are getting invitations now. I havnt got one i found the maths test pretty hard.
Reply 12
Original post by poojak
A lot of people are getting invitations now. I havnt got one i found the maths test pretty hard.

Yh It was quite hard-did they say roughly how many they were interviewing?
Original post by zadhair

got mine a couple hours ago!
Original post by Anonymous
got mine a couple hours ago!

what kinda things will they ask
Original post by younghenry
what kinda things will they ask

honestly no idea man, hoping for it just to be the generic questions of why imperial, why aeronautical eng and then maybe theyll ask some questions about whats going in in the industry now? also assuming theyd ask some maths/phys questions
Please help! I applied but did not receive an email notification of any test. The last email I received from them was that they were going to send my application to the aeronautics department. So does that mean that they are not considering my application?
Reply 17
Original post by tomrichard12
Please help! I applied but did not receive an email notification of any test. The last email I received from them was that they were going to send my application to the aeronautics department. So does that mean that they are not considering my application?

when did you apply?
Original post by zadhair
when did you apply?

12th october. thanks
Reply 19
Hi guys! Anyone done the AMAT in November ? I just got my invitation now and I really don’t know what to expect !! Are the questions really doable without a calc and in 40min ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending