The Student Room Group

Should I report this?

I was in London Oxford Circus shopping early this year. I didn't think for a second I was going to be accused of something I didn't do . I walked into a lingerie store with good intentions to spend my money. Nothing out of ordinary in this store I'm acknowledged and ignored by the assistant however that all changes when get to the changing room and I'm half naked a rude ignorant assistant comes by my changing room invading my privacy and ask "what are you doing in there" then ask if I'm doing anything that implies I might be doing something else. Thanks for making my experience stress free. I left the room and another assistant was waiting behind the curtain any closer she could peek through. I tried to politely explain. She said she heard rustling threatened the police was outside and started making fun of me copying my hand gestures as she pointing to the door. Mortified I emptied my bag full of paid items with their receipt she look puzzled and looked over at her colleague like she was gutted she didn't find anything stolen. She asked "why are you here" I couldn't believe this girl rudeness and bad attitude. Instead of apologise she said "you always exchange you don't know your size" in a patronising tone of voice. No I replied. She clearly wanted to argue but I just was not prepared. I'm autistic and have other mental illnesses. I think she was using that as a excuse to frame me for stealing. She just paused stood staring at me until I said did nothing. No apology she let me leave as normal without meeting police. So confused my head was exploding. I couldn't let the bully get away with treating me like that. Had to report this to someone but something stopped me from ringing the police. I walked down the street to different branch of that company and told them what had happened they was very polite and friendly and I got a apology from them instead. I cried all the way home. Will the assistant that harassed me be sacked now that I reported this incident to another branch. I need advice. I prefer to talking to someone about this face to face than over phone or email. What should I do? Should I report this to the police or go to another branch with a written complaint?
Aren’t you usually supposed to let someone know when you’re trying stuff on? Usually there’s soemone standing in front of the changing rooms so maybe they were suspicious because they didn’t know anyone was gonan be in there. No excuse to make fun of you once they knew you were innocent though so I’d report it
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous
Aren’t you usually supposed to let someone know when you’re trying stuff on? Usually there’s soemone standing in front of the changing rooms so maybe they were suspicious because they didn’t know anyone was gonan be in there. No excuse to make fun of you once they knew you were innocent though so I’d report it

I was just about to say the same thing ngl like no excuse there. You gotta report that
This is not a police matter. You can try it but they won't do much about it. This is something head office should know about immediately. I'm sorry this happened to you.
Original post by tbi_zlx
I was just about to say the same thing ngl like no excuse there. You gotta report that

Aw that’s the second time you’ve agreed with me on a thread
Reply 5
Aw that’s the second time you’ve agreed with me on a thread

Aha reallyyy now I would love to know who this great mind is then x
Original post by tbi_zlx
Aha reallyyy now I would love to know who this great mind is then x

I’m always anonymous so it won’t make a difference anyway lol, but we agreed with each other on that girls thread about her bf having a threesome lmao
Reply 7
I’m always anonymous so it won’t make a difference anyway lol, but we agreed with each other on that girls thread about her bf having a threesome lmao

Lol you can pm me lmao and what did we agree on there. Was it the part where she wrong thing
Original post by tbi_zlx
Lol you can pm me lmao and what did we agree on there. Was it the part where she wrong thing

What if I wanan stay anonymous? :wink: and we were basically making fun of the fact that she was asking for advice but wasn’t happy with anyone’s opinion
Reply 9
What if I wanan stay anonymous? :wink: and we were basically making fun of the fact that she was asking for advice but wasn’t happy with anyone’s opinion

Touche and two can play at that game:tongue: Omgggg yeahhhh good timess. We are on a site riddled with dumbasses

Quick Reply