The Student Room Group

Mum keeps upsetting me

It’s happening often and I have to live with her because I can’t afford a home. She accuses me of stuff, she always makes me give her lifts to work on my days off college, it’s early in the morning about 8 and stuff then she criticises my driving. She makes me get her shopping for her and stuff. I just want to move out but can’t afford it. I would move in with other family but I don’t know if they’ll let me because they are old and need to focus on themselves instead of looking after me.

Scroll to see replies

Okie! :smile:
Do you pay rent?
Original post by Anonymous
It’s happening often and I have to live with her because I can’t afford a home. She accuses me of stuff, she always makes me give her lifts to work on my days off college, it’s early in the morning about 8 and stuff then she criticises my driving. She makes me get her shopping for her and stuff. I just want to move out but can’t afford it. I would move in with other family but I don’t know if they’ll let me because they are old and need to focus on themselves instead of looking after me.

are you not old enough to look after yourself if you can drive and buy your own house ???
Reply 4
Original post by Lewis_Shefffield
are you not old enough to look after yourself if you can drive and buy your own house ???

I can’t afford to live on my own, I don’t want to be living alone though
Reply 5
Original post by GabiAbi84
Do you pay rent?

I contribute towards stuff
I contribute towards stuff

That’s not what I asked.
Reply 7
That’s not what I asked.

It’s not your business
I can’t afford to live on my own, I don’t want to be living alone though

i meant you can live with older relatives but have the capability to look after yourself if ygm
It’s not your business

I’ll take that as a no then.
If you don’t pay rent and you’re 26 then you should be helping out-whether by driving her or getting shopping or both.
You can’t live your life mooching off people.
I’ll take that as a no then.
If you don’t pay rent and you’re 26 then you should be helping out-whether by driving her or getting shopping or both.
You can’t live your life mooching off people.

It’s nothing to do with you like I say
Original post by Lewis_Shefffield
i meant you can live with older relatives but have the capability to look after yourself if ygm

Yes true

Yeah but once again you asked a public forum.
And I’ll tell you the same thing as I always tell you when you make this same thread.
Start saving up and get your own place, then you can do what you want.
Yeah but once again you asked a public forum.
And I’ll tell you the same thing as I always tell you when you make this same thread.
Start saving up and get your own place, then you can do what you want.

I think you were the one who I said about them apartments near me, I asked some of my mates if they want to rent one with me but I don’t know if they are privately owned and also I might have to be there driver so it’s kind of defeating the object
your mum must have driven you to school, fed you, looked after you and cared for you for the first 18 years of your life, she isn't doing anything to upset you!!!! Basic tasks such as driving (8 isn't early at all, 5am I would understand!) You sound rather rude and ungrateful if I am honest!!!
your mum must have driven you to school, fed you, looked after you and cared for you for the first 18 years of your life, she isn't doing anything to upset you!!!! Basic tasks such as driving (8 isn't early at all, 5am I would understand!) You sound rather rude and ungrateful if I am honest!!!

No my mum doesn’t drive and it was other family who did that. She did pick me up from primary school like 3 times and we had to walk home

What does she 'accuse' you of?
Original post by NonIndigenous
What does she 'accuse' you of?

She said the other day I was recording her when my other family were arguing

If it's nothing to do with us, why make this thread?
No my mum doesn’t drive and it was other family who did that. She did pick me up from primary school like 3 times and we had to walk home

driving a couple of days isnt hard, get a job and save up or suck it up with some roommates smh

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending