The Student Room Group

Have a crush on girl at uni, what do I do???

So basically she is on my course and cause of corona I dont see her around and I dont live on campus either . A lot of my friends dont even know her and she isnt popular on Instagram. She is extremely beautiful and is single (my uni mum found that our for me) and I even followed her friends on instagram (who dont study at my uni) and theyve even liked my instagram posts. I met her once on campus when she was looking for the labs room and I helped her find it and thats it! I DM'ed her the next day and she talked to me but super briefly and we havent exchanged more than 10 messages probably. But she seems super friendly and cause I dont wanna spoil this I havent texted her more..

She is damn smart too which is intimidating for some reason.. (she got 3 A*s and I got A*A*A).

So... what can I do that might blow her mind and make her like me? She isnt the type of person who is full of herself or anything and she seems super humble which I absolutely love but I have ZERO confidence in me and Im afraid she will say no if I ask her out...

Scroll to see replies

Lol A*A*A* is a major difference from A*A*A isn’t it 😂

Just ask her out, what’s there to lose? Anyways, where are you going to go? It’s lockdown bro
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Lol A*A*A* is a major difference from A*A*A isn’t it 😂

Just ask her out, what’s there to lose? Anyways, where are you going to go? It’s lockdown bro

Yeah it is lockdown but I am also afraid about her finding someone else during lockdown.
Start by texting her frequently
Reply 4
Start by texting her frequently

My uni mum says thats creepy and wont work. Might end up being called creepy or being friendzoned.
Original post by Anonymous
My uni mum says thats creepy and wont work. Might end up being called creepy or being friendzoned.

But how?
If anything, asking her out straight away is more creepier than texting frequently
Reply 6
But how?
If anything, asking her out straight away is more creepier than texting frequently

Well yeah it would be easier if she replied to my texts. She hasnt even seen my latest one which was a reply to a message she sent and its been a day or more
Well yeah it would be easier if she replied to my texts. She hasnt even seen my latest one which was a reply to a message she sent and its been a day or more

She’s probably busy, be patient man😂😂
She’ll get back to you, just make sure you’re consistent with your texts, get to know her back to front. She’ll fall in love with you in minutes (not literally)
A uni mum, sounds like possibly Oxbridge maybe? Dont be too full on with her, but do hint you like her. You should find ways to hang out with her more. Chat on zoom/teams. Go out for walks is a nice way to get to know her more. Lockdown is coming so its not ideal, but if theres any way you can get to sit close in the library (none silent section)?
Reply 9
She’s probably busy, be patient man😂😂
She’ll get back to you, just make sure you’re consistent with your texts, get to know her back to front. She’ll fall in love with you in minutes (not literally)

Oh come on thats not how it would work?! Or.. is it??

I am so confused! Ive never ever told anyone that I had a crush on them and Im not even a virgin! Ive never felt like this before!
Oh come on thats not how it would work?! Or.. is it??

I am so confused! Ive never ever told anyone that I had a crush on them and Im not even a virgin! Ive never felt like this before!

If you genuinely show interest in her, she’ll fall for you.
Don’t tell her you have a crush on her straight away, build up the tension by first texting her frequently
Original post by Ghostlady
A uni mum, sounds like possibly Oxbridge maybe? Dont be too full on with her, but do hint you like her. You should find ways to hang out with her more. Chat on zoom/teams. Go out for walks is a nice way to get to know her more. Lockdown is coming so its not ideal, but if theres any way you can get to sit close in the library (none silent section)?

No I study at a uni in London (but you probably said oxbridge cause of the A*s)

We have Teams and I am the joker of the class and always make people laugh but I NEVER find her on Teams meetings! Its like she sleeps in (and she posts about her drinking A LOT) and then just watches them online! Like... she doesnt seem to interact with other students a lot either..

I have no clue when she will be on campus (I only know she has labs on the 3rd of December and thats cause they gave us our lab groups list things on our uni website)
If you genuinely show interest in her, she’ll fall for you.
Don’t tell her you have a crush on her straight away, build up the tension by first texting her frequently

Ok if she doenst reply to me by tomorrow... I dont know what Im gonna do
Ok if she doenst reply to me by tomorrow... I dont know what Im gonna do

What do you mean? You will wait that’s what you will do.
What in the **** is a uni mum?
No I study at a uni in London (but you probably said oxbridge cause of the A*s)

We have Teams and I am the joker of the class and always make people laugh but I NEVER find her on Teams meetings! Its like she sleeps in (and she posts about her drinking A LOT) and then just watches them online! Like... she doesnt seem to interact with other students a lot either..

I have no clue when she will be on campus (I only know she has labs on the 3rd of December and thats cause they gave us our lab groups list things on our uni website)

Thought oxbridge because they have 'parents'. Didnt realise London ones did as well. learn something new :smile: you message her about 10 times, so increase the frequency, and then ask to meet up.
What do you mean? You will wait that’s what you will do.

Ok I will wait then...
Ask her for a sexy selfie.
Original post by SomeWelshGuy123
What in the **** is a uni mum?

Its someone who gives you advise and what not
Original post by Ghostlady
Thought oxbridge because they have 'parents'. Didnt realise London ones did as well. learn something new :smile: you message her about 10 times, so increase the frequency, and then ask to meet up.

ahh well it isnt a thing here but we have our own family lol.

And I was asked not to creep her out by spamming her DMs
Ok I will wait then...

Good, if you want a big fish then you gotta use strength and pull it man. In this case, patience is the strength, so good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest