The Student Room Group

LSE, UCL,KCL Law applicants 2021 thread

Hi all just wanted to start a thread for this years londons law LLB applicants (those applying to lse, ucl, and kings).
How did you all find the lnat (if done it yet) and hows confident are u in ur application?
I sent mine off on the 14th october as i applied to oxford as well. Feel free to drop your application info below (gcses, extra curriculars, predicted alevels etc) if your comfortable doing so!

Scroll to see replies

When do you think we will get results? How do you guys know that you did well enough to apply to competitive unis? I defo don't know how I did!
Original post by theujaanka
When do you think we will get results? How do you guys know that you did well enough to apply to competitive unis? I defo don't know how I did!

I heard that it could be around late November but I'm not sure could be later as I think a lot of applications come in Jan. Honestly idk how I did as well hahaha I don't have the rep of being a good student and had to fight for my predicted as some of my teachers wanted to predicted 4 lower than my avg. I'm in the ib btw. I kinda j took it like I have the minimum requirements and yk shoot ur shot ik for me at least if i didn't apply i would always be wondering if i would've gotten in. good luck for ur app tho! what uni's did u apply for?
Original post by Sh0ts1
Hi all just wanted to start a thread for this years londons law LLB applicants (those applying to lse, ucl, and kings).
How did you all find the lnat (if done it yet) and hows confident are u in ur application?
I sent mine off on the 14th october as i applied to oxford as well. Feel free to drop your application info below (gcses, extra curriculars, predicted alevels etc) if your comfortable doing so!

Heya i'm applying for all!
I applied for oxford as well! and sent my app around the same time.
I honestly found the mcq rlly hard I was averaging like 28-30 on the practice tests on the lnat website but I honestly am terrified for the mcq result, the essay though I think went pretty good.
I'm in the ib and predicted a 43 i think my ps is quite good but atm most scared for the mcq for the lnat, wbu??
Original post by 2021.b3by
I heard that it could be around late November but I'm not sure could be later as I think a lot of applications come in Jan. Honestly idk how I did as well hahaha I don't have the rep of being a good student and had to fight for my predicted as some of my teachers wanted to predicted 4 lower than my avg. I'm in the ib btw. I kinda j took it like I have the minimum requirements and yk shoot ur shot ik for me at least if i didn't apply i would always be wondering if i would've gotten in. good luck for ur app tho! what uni's did u apply for?

I'm taking the IB too!! I really wish I had higher points but ik, I'm just going for it. I didn't expect to be this stressed tho, and I find it so hard to do well in IB. Let's hope we make it.
I'm taking the IB too!! I really wish I had higher points but ik, I'm just going for it. I didn't expect to be this stressed tho, and I find it so hard to do well in IB. Let's hope we make it.

yess go for it! i feel that i keep refreshing track even tho ik it won't do anything. agreed! i have sm ia's due rn and it's killing me. same here good luck for ur apps! :smile:
yess go for it! i feel that i keep refreshing track even tho ik it won't do anything. agreed! i have sm ia's due rn and it's killing me. same here good luck for ur apps! :smile:

SAME the ias are killing me, so much to do and no time at all. Praying for both of us rn
Reply 7
Heya i'm applying for all!
I applied for oxford as well! and sent my app around the same time.
I honestly found the mcq rlly hard I was averaging like 28-30 on the practice tests on the lnat website but I honestly am terrified for the mcq result, the essay though I think went pretty good.
I'm in the ib and predicted a 43 i think my ps is quite good but atm most scared for the mcq for the lnat, wbu??

same i found the mcq on the day i did my lnat rly rly challenging tbh. i used arbitio and averaged 21 on arbitio and got 27 and 28 on the lnat practice tests.
i enjoyed the essay but didnt have time to SPAG check which is a bit peak..
Reply 8
o

SAME the ias are killing me, so much to do and no time at all. Praying for both of us rn

what are ias? (i do alevels)
Original post by Sh0ts1
same i found the mcq on the day i did my lnat rly rly challenging tbh. i used arbitio and averaged 21 on arbitio and got 27 and 28 on the lnat practice tests.
i enjoyed the essay but didnt have time to SPAG check which is a bit peak..

ahh!! i'm sure it still was rlly good. honestly the only thing we can do is hope no point stressing rn. good luck for ur applications :smile:
Original post by Sh0ts1
o

what are ias? (i do alevels)

ia's are short for internal assesment. it defers per class like for English and french we have a speaking test but other classes like math, psych and etc. you investigate that subject in real life. it's so much work :frown: hope this helps!
Reply 11

is ur ucl application portal thing working
Original post by Sh0ts1
is ur ucl application portal thing working

Mine is! is urs not?
Reply 13
Mine is! is urs not?

nope!! i just cannot get a pw that it accepts ffs
Heyyy

Im applying to all three as well as Manchester and Nottingham. I personally found the LNAT super hard but finger crossed! Has anyone gotten offers yet?
Original post by sarahiiiiiiii
Heyyy

Im applying to all three as well as Manchester and Nottingham. I personally found the LNAT super hard but finger crossed! Has anyone gotten offers yet?

same omg the lnat was hell the essay was alright for me but the mcq was hell. I haven't heard anything, wbu? ik ppl in king's have started to get offers but I haven't heard for law yet.
Hey everyone, I applied to these three as well! I already got an offer from Queen Mary university for law and politics and just received my interview invite for Oxford. I found the LNAT extremely difficult on arbitio my average was about 21 and on the official practice papers I got around 24/26
same omg the lnat was hell the essay was alright for me but the mcq was hell. I haven't heard anything, wbu? ik ppl in king's have started to get offers but I haven't heard for law yet.

i've gotten an offer for Nottingham which takes the LNAT which kind of gives me hope but nothing from the London schools. im just gonna try forget ab it until i get news or ill just stress
Original post by sarahiiiiiiii
i've gotten an offer for Nottingham which takes the LNAT which kind of gives me hope but nothing from the London schools. im just gonna try forget ab it until i get news or ill just stress

i feel that, I emailed king's to check if they received my lnat cuz LSE/Oxford couldn't find it and they told me they haven't started downloading the scores yet. So I'm pretty sure it'll be quite a while
I am very nervous about extracurriculars, I currently have 3 delegate MUN experiences, And 2 Academic Committee MUN experiences. I am also launching my country's first international MUN. I was also the best delegate in the international conference on the global economy held at the American University in Cairo. I have experience interning in a hedge fund. I am also part of my school's student council. However, I think this isn't enough at all. I am taking my LNATs on the 11th of January and I'm submitting my UCAS then. What should I add? and is this enough by any means to make it to law in LSE, UCL, or KCL. Thanks

Original post by Sh0ts1

Quick Reply

Latest