The Student Room Group

Being kept awake in uni halls by loud parties

Nearly every night I am kept awake by a loud party or gathering in a room next door to me as well as loud sex, I don't feel safe as our area is already at tier 3, can I report them as our halls warden doesn't give a ****?
rEpoRt tHeM
Reply 2
Buy some ear defenders.
Trust me, you don't wanna be seen to snitch in a situation like this.
Reply 3
Original post by ważzer
Buy some ear defenders.
Trust me, you don't wanna be seen to snitch in a situation like this.

But in these times with covid19 I'm scared of catching it no one is social distancing in my halls I'm fed up of it I don't care if I get called a snitch
Reply 4
Yes, report them.
have you knocked on their door and asked them to keep it down? written a note or asked on a gc to lower the volume?

if they ignore your requests then definitely report them
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
have you knocked on their door and asked them to keep it down? written a note or asked on a gc to lower the volume?

if they ignore your requests then definitely report them

Yes told them so many times but if anything they get louder
Report to residential services or accommodation team. Also let them know that the hall wardens don’t seem to care about breaches of bubbles etc.
Original post by Anonymous
Nearly every night I am kept awake by a loud party or gathering in a room next door to me as well as loud sex, I don't feel safe as our area is already at tier 3, can I report them as our halls warden doesn't give a ****?

You won’t be anymore since you’ll be getting sent home soon
Original post by Sportage 1

Unis are staying open. Sending many thousands of students back home again would be about the worst thing we could do.
Original post by Admit-One
Unis are staying open. Sending many thousands of students back home again would be about the worst thing we could do.

I don’t know
Reply 11
I don’t know

Clearly, so don't comment on what you don't understand.
Original post by Admit-One

True, clever thinking lol
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 13

That would be a bad idea for many reasons.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending