The Student Room Group

Impossible crush

I got a massive crush on a girl who I am texting to who is currently taking a gap year abroad. How can I forget her?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Fair enough. I signed up for a virtual matching service exclusive to students in my use which uses a very sophisticated algorithm to match people, but lockdown is portably not going to make it possible to meet my future match.
Original post by Anonymous
I got a massive crush on a girl who I am texting to who is currently taking a gap year abroad. How can I forget her?

Is she coming back?
Reply 3
Original post by tbi_zlx
Is she coming back?

Yes, in 2021, she said she would like to come and visit me at my uni when there are no restrictions in place.
Fair enough. I signed up for a virtual matching service exclusive to students in my use which uses a very sophisticated algorithm to match people, but lockdown is portably not going to make it possible to meet my future match.

Bruh what kinda algorithm, love isnt some maths equation. Its spontaneous and happens with someone who you connect with
Yes, in 2021, she said she would like to come and visit me at my uni when there are no restrictions in place.

So why not keep in touch instead of breaking it off like you like her right
Original post by tbi_zlx
Bruh what kinda algorithm, love isnt some maths equation. Its spontaneous and happens with someone who you connect with

:borat:

Spoiler

Reply 7
Original post by tbi_zlx

It was made by students at my uni. You got to compile a long questionnaire and then they would match you up to who should be your best fit. Idk, it is based on the same model which has won a Nobel Prize a while ago so it should be fairly reliable.
Reply 8
Original post by tbi_zlx
So why not keep in touch instead of breaking it off like you like her right

Yeah that seems sensible enough, we texted 2-3 times for the entire evening, but Summer 2021 feels like a long shot...
If you like her just wait. With lockdown you wouldn't be able to see her in person for a while anyway. It sounds like she likes you too, no point in throwing away something that could go somewhere.
If you like her just wait. With lockdown you wouldn't be able to see her in person for a while anyway. It sounds like she likes you too, no point in throwing away something that could go somewhere.

Fairs, thank you. You are right, no point not giving it a shot.
Original post by jellybellyb
:borat:

Spoiler

I mean I have a lot of advice to give, heart been broke so many times so I dont wanna see anyone else feel the same way yk
It was made by students at my uni. You got to compile a long questionnaire and then they would match you up to who should be your best fit. Idk, it is based on the same model which has won a Nobel Prize a while ago so it should be fairly reliable.

We are teens/young adults man, we are spontaneous and dont live by rules half the time even as we turn into adults. I get that there is a lot of science behind it and this may be just being yk a wild spirit but still
Yeah that seems sensible enough, we texted 2-3 times for the entire evening, but Summer 2021 feels like a long shot...

You can do this. You want her right. You gotta work hard to get her. Is she putting in effort to talk to you and how does she feel about you?
Original post by tbi_zlx
We are teens/young adults man, we are spontaneous and dont live by rules half the time even as we turn into adults. I get that there is a lot of science behind it and this may be just being yk a wild spirit but still

You can do this. You want her right. You gotta work hard to get her. Is she putting in effort to talk to you and how does she feel about you?

Thank you. That is motivating. She seems quite interested, she said that the first time I dated her she was not ready and she likes the fact that I got plans for the future and I treated her well.
Original post by tbi_zlx
I mean I have a lot of advice to give, heart been broke so many times so I dont wanna see anyone else feel the same way yk

advise me, O wise one, how does you meet girls in covid times?
Original post by tbi_zlx

I see. :console: (I don't know why I actually read that in song.)
I really admire that. :hugs: I would like to help others with things like this and such, but I'm not as experienced as the next person probably is. :colondollar:
advise me, O wise one, how does you meet girls in covid times?

What is my young ones situation? Pray tell my child and this old sage may be enlightened by the Heavens as to how to be betrothed
Original post by jellybellyb
I see. :console: (I don't know why I actually read that in song.)
I really admire that. :hugs: I would like to help others with things like this and such, but I'm not as experienced as the next person probably is. :colondollar:

Aha its because the first line is from a song I think
Awww thank you sweetie xx Im sure you can help a lot like some of the stuff that people ask is just how anyone would feel and youre an amazing person honestly <3
Original post by tbi_zlx
Aha its because the first line is from a song I think
Awww thank you sweetie xx Im sure you can help a lot like some of the stuff that people ask is just how anyone would feel and youre an amazing person honestly <3

Yh, that's probably it. :colonhash:
You're too nice. :cry2: I get what you're saying, but at the same time, I guess I just feel guilty giving someone else advice on something I don't have much experience in. I'd rather leave that to the people like you who do. :redface:
Original post by tbi_zlx
What is my young ones situation? Pray tell my child and this old sage may be enlightened by the Heavens as to how to be betrothed

O ancient one, I was a weird boy for many years and just as I started opening up and becoming a better version of me and meeting more people, COVID hit. now in the times of the great Royal Virus how does one get with fair maidens? there be nary a social gathering nor hobby-related event. I be going to the ones that are on but they be few and far between

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending