The Student Room Group

I'm unecessarily insecure

I know I'm overthinking and overreacting, I just need some help to stop it.

Boyfriend is at uni, I'm doing a levels. They're having a party tonight (in their little bubble) and he told me that he saw a guy in a morph suit and a girl gave him a boner.

I don't know why this is making me feel insecure, maybe it's because I know that he'll look at other girls - I know he won't be able to help it and I accept that there are attractive girls out there.

Can someone please give me a word of advice of how to stop this? I'm feeling really stupid but it's really getting to me.

Scroll to see replies

....I'm a bit confused on why the bloke in a morph suit has been mentioned. But as far as telling you that he got a boner looking at someone else. Why. Wow. Weird. I think he's a prat.
First of all, I feel this so hard. It drives me crazy when I see girls that I know my boyfriend follows posting holiday throwbacks of themselves in bikinis on Instagram, and that's just a picture. I think jealousy and insecurity is completely natural, although it can be super tough to deal with.

I think you just have to remember that your boyfriend has chosen you over any other girl. Even if he were to think a girl was attractive, this doesn't mean he's attracted to them. You're the one he thinks looks best, and he'd probably much rather you were at that party with him right now.
Original post by Bang Outta Order
....I'm a bit confused on why the bloke in a morph suit has been mentioned. But as far as telling you that he got a boner looking at someone else. Why. Wow. Weird. I think he's a prat.

I think you read it as I did originally haha. I was going to say the same, but re-reading it I think OP means that the guy in the morph suit was the one who got the boner, and you could tell because of the tight material.
Original post by Anonymous

Boyfriend is at uni, I'm doing a levels. They're having a party tonight (in their little bubble) and he told me that he saw a guy in a morph suit and a girl gave him a boner.

I don't know why this is making me feel insecure, maybe it's because I know that he'll look at other girls - I know he won't be able to help it and I accept that there are attractive girls out there.

Can someone please give me a word of advice of how to stop this? I'm feeling really stupid but it's really getting to me.

I don't believe you can really stop insecurities as I think everyone deals with it. Even people you think may 'have it all' most likely deal with it to a certain extent. I do know however, you can definitely make this less severe. Try talking to your boyfriend about everything and build more trust. It may be embarrassing, but it will probably help. You could also try doing some positive affirmations and just know that you are good enough no matter what anyone else says. :biggrin:
Reply 5

Oh no, he said that a different guy got a boner from this girl. If that wAs the case, I wouldn't been more angry and dissapointed in him than insecure...thanks tho :biggrin:
Original post by ashtolga23
I think you read it as I did originally haha. I was going to say the same, but re-reading it I think OP means that the guy in the morph suit was the one who got the boner, and you could tell because of the tight material.

....if that's the case I'm still confused on why the guy in a morph suit was mentioned 😂
Reply 7

Whoops, I should've worded it more carefully haha! Sadly enough I can't edit it because I'm anon :frown: Thank you so much for the reassurance...it's helped a lot! Yeah I've avoided looking at who he follows and who's pictures he's liked as I know it would drive me crazy as well!
Oh no, he said that a different guy got a boner from this girl. If that wAs the case, I wouldn't been more angry and dissapointed in him than insecure...thanks tho :biggrin:

...well. then it gets worse for you. The way I read it before simply means your story telling is horrible lol. But now that you explained it, yes you come across pathetically insecure and paranoid for being suspicious of your boyfriend due to another guy's boner...
Reply 9
Original post by jellybellyb
I don't believe you can really stop insecurities as I think everyone deals with it. Even people you think may 'have it all' most likely deal with it to a certain extent. I do know however, you can definitely make this less severe. Try talking to your boyfriend about everything and build more trust. It may be embarrassing, but it will probably help. You could also try doing some positive affirmations and just know that you are good enough no matter what anyone else says. :biggrin:

Thank you thank you thank you for the advice!!
....if that's the case I'm still confused on why the guy in a morph suit was mentioned 😂

We just tend to tell each other about our days and any weird things that happened bc that's what couples tend to do?
...well. then it gets worse for you. The way I read it before simply means your story telling is horrible lol. But now that you explained it, yes you come across pathetically insecure and paranoid for being suspicious of your boyfriend due to another guy's boner...

Yes I agree with everything you just said, including the storytelling haha...I know I know, I'm just asking for a way to minimise this insecurity, not for further assurance that I'm being paranoid....I wanna change it!
Thank you thank you thank you for the advice!!

No problem. :biggrin:
Whoops, I should've worded it more carefully haha! Sadly enough I can't edit it because I'm anon :frown: Thank you so much for the reassurance...it's helped a lot! Yeah I've avoided looking at who he follows and who's pictures he's liked as I know it would drive me crazy as well!

Ah it's okay! It's not beyond understanding or anything aha.

It's no problem, you're definitely not alone with this.
I

Ah it's okay! It's not beyond understanding or anything aha.

It's no problem, you're definitely not alone with this.

If you're ever feeling down or insecure, feel free to pm me anytime :smile:

I mean its understandable to feel a lil insecure because he is in a situation where he is getting wild and drunk and around girls his age who are completely down for parties etc. BUT, and this is a big BUT, he chose you over any other girl and that he is reporting even the little things shows that he wants to make you laugh and smile and that he cares. I mean the fact that he remembered such a small detail in a place where he is meant to be having a blast shows his ass aint leaving you. Besides when you two both in uni he wont havve the chance to look the other way
I

If you're ever feeling down or insecure, feel free to pm me anytime :smile:

Aw thank you so much, that's really kind. Same goes for you!

I see youre hard at it again being a saint
Original post by tbi_zlx
I see youre hard at it again being a saint

:u:

Spoiler

Original post by tbi_zlx
I mean its understandable to feel a lil insecure because he is in a situation where he is getting wild and drunk and around girls his age who are completely down for parties etc. BUT, and this is a big BUT, he chose you over any other girl and that he is reporting even the little things shows that he wants to make you laugh and smile and that he cares. I mean the fact that he remembered such a small detail in a place where he is meant to be having a blast shows his ass aint leaving you. Besides when you two both in uni he wont havve the chance to look the other way

I see you're hard at it again being a saint. :giggle:
:u:

Spoiler

I see you're hard at it again being a saint. :giggle:

Ohhh shhhhh youre making me blush now:colondollar:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending