The Student Room Group

Why does no guy ever have a crush on me?

Im 19, the last time a guy said he liked me was 2 years ago..

It doesnt bother me that much but i just dont get whats SO bad about me that no guy wants me? I know im not PRETTY but i also dont think im THAT ugly?😭
Original post by Anonymous

It doesnt bother me that much but i just dont get whats SO bad about me that no guy wants me? I know im not PRETTY but i also dont think im THAT ugly?😭

Maybe you give the impression of not being interested in them or maybe people assume you’re unavailable? Definitely doesn’t mean you’re unattractive don’t worry haha

They may just not want to admit it. :dontknow: There's nothing wrong with you, don't worry about it too much. :hugs:

:mmm:
Reply 3
Maybe you give the impression of not being interested in them or maybe people assume you’re unavailable? Definitely doesn’t mean you’re unattractive don’t worry haha

How do I NOT give that impression? I’ve noticed that previously I may have looked closed off but now i feel like I seem more open to guys approaching me (attempting eye contact with guys i find attractive) but they dont even look back!

You shouldn’t dwell on it. You should try and do the best you can to stand out, but don’t do anything stupid. Work hard, and guys will want you. They don’t want a lass who doesn’t take responsibility for herself.
Just cause no guy has said he likes you over the years doesn’t mean a guy hasn’t. Some are just shy and don’t say anything.

But, whether a guy has had a crush on you or not is not important. As above, you shouldn’t dwell on it :wink:
How do I NOT give that impression? I’ve noticed that previously I may have looked closed off but now i feel like I seem more open to guys approaching me (attempting eye contact with guys i find attractive) but they dont even look back!

I’m not good at giving advice about that because people say I always look pissed off haha, maybe just smile at them as well as making eye contact or make conversation if you like them
Are you looking for dates, hookups or attention from single guys?
If so- maybe you don't spend enough time interacting with single guys.
Or give the impression that you are not open to receiving social or dating overtures.

Honestly you dont need validation from any guy ok. Who gives a **** whether someone likes you or not.

Be a badder b than you already are and theyll come falling at your feet ok. Dont care about the attention or anything ok x
Besides no one is ugly until they make themselves unappealing to others. Look dont matter at all to someone who really wants you ok. If you ever wanna talk about anything pm me ok I know a few ppl going thru the same thoughts
Reply 9
Original post by londonmyst
Are you looking for dates, hookups or attention from single guys?
If so- maybe you don't spend enough time interacting with single guys.
Or give the impression that you are not open to receiving social or dating overtures.

How do i NOT give that impression?
Original post by tbi_zlx
Honestly you dont need validation from any guy ok. Who gives a **** whether someone likes you or not.

Be a badder b than you already are and theyll come falling at your feet ok. Dont care about the attention or anything ok x
Besides no one is ugly until they make themselves unappealing to others. Look dont matter at all to someone who really wants you ok. If you ever wanna talk about anything pm me ok I know a few ppl going thru the same thoughts

Aw thank you!
Aw thank you!

No worries as someone who seen what this kinda thinking does to a person I hope you know youre an amazing person and honestly strong for sharing what you feel x Like I said if you wanna talk Im here besides at least we know youre confident which is a really big thing for a lotta guys. Besides youre 19, plenty of time for guys. We both 19 so I know that feeling totally

U sound very passive.

Also, dudes having crushes on u is not a basic human right. It does not happen automatically nor for the asking. Since u cannot control it, and neither can they if it's a real crush, then u need to stop fronting this in ur mind and work on other things that benefit u long term. Angsting and FOMO about a thing you can't control is a road to depression.

But if u rlly want attention then create an OF page and go live. U will receive plenty!
I can relate. I've never had a serious relationship. I have only been in a friends with benefits situation and/or short-term dating. I feel as if nobody likes me and I'm just a quick fix.
Original post by Johanny x
I can relate. I've never had a serious relationship. I have only been in a friends with benefits situation and/or short-term dating. I feel as if nobody likes me and I'm just a quick fix.

Same :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending