The Student Room Group

is 4 hour distance relationship worth it

i dont know if it will be in the long term anyone got any experience with long-distance and how that went?
I mean 4 hours is not much... wait time difference or travel time
Do you love him?
Original post by sunny.side.up
Do you love him?

eh
Original post by Anonymous
eh

I was asking OP.
I was asking OP.

you should be clearer
you should be clearer

What?
What?

how can we know?
how can we know?

Thats why it was a question to the OP.
Reply 9
i dont know if it will be in the long term anyone got any experience with long-distance and how that went?

How old are you both and how did you come to know each other?

Bear in mind that today's news will place limits on travel for the next 4 weeks.
Thats why it was a question to the OP.

Ignore them. He/she is crazy.
Original post by 5hyl33n
Ignore them. He/she is crazy.

:lol: Planned on it.
Reply 12
To be honest I would say that unless the travel distance allows you to see each other the majority of weekends the relationship is doomed
Long distance can work if time and trust are key factors.
4 hrs distance isn't far, if you're in the same country.
If it's 4hrs time difference, then again, it can work if you both plan to see each other.
Watch 'Catfish TV Show' as well. It helps understand long distance "relationships".
I am also wondering. The guy I have been talking to lives 5 hours away if the traffic is good. He has a car, but I don't, so it would be £300 for a return on the train. He says he will come and see me every weekend, but I'm worried that will get old soon and he will give up with it. I'm glad he says he is that committed to me, but at the same time it is a surprisingly strong commitment seen as we haven't met yet, and wont be able to meet until at least December now. Any impressions? I wish we weren't so far apart and I wasn't so broke 😓
Reply 15
If youre actually serious about it its perfectly possible for it to work.
My girlfriend lives on another continent which i can't get to thanks to the border closures for the time being, it's weird but it functions :lol:
Reply 16
Depends on the two of you in the relationship. Some people are able to handle long distance relationships, others not so much.
It definitely requires more work but as long as your willing to put that in I dont see why not.
Long distance relationships rarely work. The statistics prove it is not a worthwhile endeavour.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending