The Student Room Group

Starting university at 20?

Hiii Is starting uni at 20 really different than at 18,will I feel really out of place especially in halls?
I didn’t mind jt I took a few years out to work on some personal things and discover what I really wanted to do and as far as uni experience goes I’m fine
Reply 2
Can people tell ur older?

Original post by Charlie101998
I didn’t mind jt I took a few years out to work on some personal things and discover what I really wanted to do and as far as uni experience goes I’m fine

Can people tell ur older? And do u find many people ur age?
I don’t think they can. And if they can they haven’t said anything directly. I met another guy my age who transferred from another course and has to start over but that’s about it
Reply 4
Original post by Charlie101998
I don’t think they can. And if they can they haven’t said anything directly. I met another guy my age who transferred from another course and has to start over but that’s about it

Would you recommend staying at halls or in private accommodation? Btw sorry for all the questions but I feel like u don’t get a lot of people in our situation
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
And do u find many people ur age?

Would you recommend staying at halls or in private accommodation? Btw sorry for all the questions but I feel like u don’t get a lot of people in our situation

Quite a few people start uni at 20 and LOADS start at 25+.
It's up to you whether you go for uni owned or private accommodation. The majority of people in uni owned halls have come straight out of 6th form or college and it's their first time moving away from home. This is mostly true for private halls. In other privately let student accommodation, most people are 2nd year +.
Nobody will even notice.
Hiii Is starting uni at 20 really different than at 18,will I feel really out of place especially in halls?

Hiya!

In first year two people that I lived with were 19 and 20 and there was no difference at all! I think especially with covid students will have deferred for a year so you won't be the only one who may be older than the average student. Age really doesn't matter when you are at uni I have found :smile:

Sam- Official Student Rep :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending