The Student Room Group

Talking to teacher after I have left school

I play gta 5 with a staff member who used to help me in school. Is this allowed? He said I can exchange psns if I want so I was guessing it’s allowed and did it. I don’t do it much because the console isn’t mine anyway, It’s my flat mates and he lets me use it when he’s out which is a few days a week or in the gym downstairs.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I play gta 5 with a staff member who used to help me in school. Is this allowed? He said I can exchange psns if I want so I was guessing it’s allowed and did it. I don’t do it much because the console isn’t mine anyway, It’s my flat mates and he lets me use it when he’s out which is a few days a week or in the gym downstairs.

I mean you have left school so whats wrong with that
Reply 2
Original post by tbi_zlx
I mean you have left school so whats wrong with that

I just have heard like you can’t have that type of relationship with a teacher
It is fine once you have left. One of my best friends is still in contact with a teacher that was particularly supportive at school - friend turns 50 next year but he has always valued the guy's advice and they stay in touch.
Reply 4
Original post by ReadingMum
It is fine once you have left. One of my best friends is still in contact with a teacher that was particularly supportive at school - friend turns 50 next year but he has always valued the guy's advice and they stay in touch.

Ok
I just have heard like you can’t have that type of relationship with a teacher

I talk to my teachers after I left and we even get together from time to time now
Reply 6
Original post by tbi_zlx
I talk to my teachers after I left and we even get together from time to time now

How old are you?
How old are you?

19 now man and idk Ive only been in the country like 4 years since Im from the US but i got along with a lotta the younger teachers and stuff so we get together a lot
Reply 8
Original post by tbi_zlx
19 now man and idk Ive only been in the country like 4 years since Im from the US but i got along with a lotta the younger teachers and stuff so we get together a lot

Ayyy I’m the same age but it might be different in the us
Ayyy I’m the same age but it might be different in the us

Ohhh word and nahhh I mean Im from the US but I moved to the UK
Original post by tbi_zlx
Ohhh word and nahhh I mean Im from the US but I moved to the UK

What do you want me to do about that?
What do you want me to do about that?

No u said it might be different in the US so I thought you didnt get what i said
Original post by tbi_zlx
No u said it might be different in the US so I thought you didnt get what i said

I don’t care
I don’t care

Bro dont get rude when youre the one who made the statement
Original post by tbi_zlx
Bro dont get rude when youre the one who made the statement

Look, there’s another lockdown obviously I’m going to be stressed
Look, there’s another lockdown obviously I’m going to be stressed

Thats a silly excuse man, youre 19 dude you gotta understand etiquette. Youre legit talking bout psn not about lockdown bro. Its ok I guess
Original post by tbi_zlx
Thats a silly excuse man, youre 19 dude you gotta understand etiquette. Youre legit talking bout psn not about lockdown bro. Its ok I guess

I don’t give a ****
Reply 17
It'll vary from teacher to teacher. Some will want to maintain that strict teacher/student boundary when you've left school whereas others will be happy to stay in touch. I've had a former student add me on facebook in the past. I normally wait a year just to allow some distance and then accept their friend request.
I'm assuming so.
Original post by A.Poet
It'll vary from teacher to teacher. Some will want to maintain that strict teacher/student boundary when you've left school whereas others will be happy to stay in touch. I've had a former student add me on facebook in the past. I normally wait a year just to allow some distance and then accept their friend request.

Ok

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending