The Student Room Group

Which a levels for law?

Hi, I'm in Year 12 currently. I want to a law course at Cambridge University. I'm quite puzzled as to what subject choices will make me a competitive applicant. I want to take English lit, sociology, economics and and an EPQ . I initially thought of taking history instead of sociology but I absolutely hate it. Any help would be much appreciated, I'm really stressing out:frown:
Original post by kakashi sensei1
Hi, I'm in Year 12 currently. I want to a law course at Cambridge University. I'm quite puzzled as to what subject choices will make me a competitive applicant. I want to take English lit, sociology, economics and and an EPQ . I initially thought of taking history instead of sociology but I absolutely hate it. Any help would be much appreciated, I'm really stressing out:frown:

If you have access to the internet then look up camburdge law and entrance requirements.
Normally its about grades , no set combination of subjects and at least 2 off the preferred list.
Check entrance down to college level just in case there are any variations. You should be fine.
History is a great subject for Law, but if you hated it then it would have been useless as you are unlikely to have done well in it and got a good grade.

1:47am on Sunday morning in Y12 is certainly not the time you should be stressing and wasting energy on this sort of thing if ever.
Check the wensite tomorrow and you cna see for yourself, then be reassured.
Thank you! Also all my subjects seem to fit into the preferred category of subjects for every uni. However, it does I seem to be finding mixed opinions on how respected they are. Once again, thank you for your help!
Original post by 999tigger
If you have access to the internet then look up camburdge law and entrance requirements.
Normally its about grades , no set combination of subjects and at least 2 off the preferred list.
Check entrance down to college level just in case there are any variations. You should be fine.
History is a great subject for Law, but if you hated it then it would have been useless as you are unlikely to have done well in it and got a good grade.

1:47am on Sunday morning in Y12 is certainly not the time you should be stressing and wasting energy on this sort of thing if ever.
Check the wensite tomorrow and you cna see for yourself, then be reassured.

Oof i'm staying up too. Feel like I've just been called out :erm:
Thank you! Also all my subjects seem to fit into the preferred category of subjects for every uni. However, it does I seem to be finding mixed opinions on how respected they are. Once again, thank you for your help!

Stop fretting its misguided and a waste of energy epsecially on this subject.
Not as though you can change now.
Your targets are to make sure you get your predicted grades high enough, your application gets you an interview, you pass that (including entrance exam) and then get the required results.

You need to find the balance of work, being organised and play.

They are respected subjects - on LSEs list of preferred A level subjects and they are fussy

https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Assets/PDF/open-day-july-2018-applying-to-LSE-slides.pdf
Thank you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending