The Student Room Group

I have Crohn’s Disease - Ask Me Anything.

I have Crohn’s Disease - Ask Me Anything.

(I don’t normally divulge into other forums but am starting to so I hope I’ve put this in the right spot.)

Scroll to see replies

How often do you use the restroom ?
Reply 2
Original post by CaptainDuckie
How often do you use the restroom ?

Firstly, for everyone with CD it’s different. For me personally it can be totally different on a day to day basis. Without being graphic I could have to go once a day, or I could have to go 5 times a day. It’s a constant uncertainty.
What time do you sleep at night?
Reply 4
What time do you sleep at night?

Changes every night haha. That isn’t a Crohn’s thing though - just getting lost on my phone.
do you have a specific diet?
Reply 6
How does it affect your daily life?
Do you feel different from everyone else?
Reply 8
Original post by sunny.side.up
do you have a specific diet?

No I don’t! There are some things that may aggravate it in a flare up like spicy foods but in general for me diet doesn’t make a massive impact. In fact once my consultant told me to eat whatever I want.

For some people it could be a totally different scenario. However Crohn’s is an autoimmune chronic condition that affects the gastrointestinal tract - where some people actually think it’s purely diet related!
Reply 9
Original post by LovelyMrFox
How does it affect your daily life?

It affects it a lot actually. I mean I have other medical problems which I won’t divulge into but Crohn’s is particularly bad in public when I have a flare. I could be fine one minute and have really bad cramps the next and need to run to a toilet. There are mechanisms available that might help that such as a can’t wait card or a key which unlocks disabled toilets but it’s also not a complete godsend so to speak.

Another thing is fatigue. I can have quite a lot of energy one day and feel wiped out the next. I don’t like going far.

So it affects my daily like quite a lot.
Reply 10
Do you feel different from everyone else?

Yes.
Original post by Bailey14
Yes.

Why?
Reply 12
Why?

Because everything in my life has changed. I have constant cramps. I have 8 weekly infusions of a drug. I have occasional colonoscopies and MRI scans. I am constantly tired. I have to be careful when I go out. To name a few.
If someone had Crohn’s disease, what advice would you give them ?
Reply 14
If someone had Crohn’s disease, what advice would you give them ?

- Don’t consult Dr Google. Direct questions to Crohn’s & Colitis UK, a charity, your consultant, and people who’ve had experiences of Crohn’s. I’m sure I’ve been told by google I have Bowel Cancer before - and of course it can be very very helpful with research on your condition but sometimes it just directs you to the worst case scenario.
- It’ll always seem strange at first but know that there are people in the same boat as you.
- Join a support group!
How do you deal with friendships / relationships while having Crohn’s disease?
Reply 16
How do you deal with friendships / relationships while having Crohn’s disease?

Friendships - talk. talk. talk. explain what you’re going through and how you may have to adapt / change things.
Hmmm

Do you ever feel really sad about this?
Reply 18
Hmmm

Do you ever feel really sad about this?

Got to a point where I’m used to it and have adapted my life. It was weird coming to terms with it as it was unexpected but now I just look at the positives. If I go to an amusement park I don’t have to queue? 😂
Original post by Bailey14
Got to a point where I’m used to it and have adapted my life. It was weird coming to terms with it as it was unexpected but now I just look at the positives. If I go to an amusement park I don’t have to queue? 😂

Ayeeeeeee😂😂😂

Quick Reply

Latest