The Student Room Group

GCSE notes

I'm in year 10, but I'm really confused. When should I start writing up notes for my GCSEs?
Hey there :smile:

You should only really start making notes for GCSEs when you fee like you're going to retain the knowledge that you're going to write down. There is no point in writing notes on subjects, and then it comes to GCSE time and you no longer remember what you've noted down. My idea for you is to make sure all of your year 10 notes are spotless and are a good material for you to revise off, maybe in your spare time rewrite these in the Cornell note form or onto flashcards?

You still have a while to go yet until your GCSEs so don't begin to worry about notes and revision materials until you get to the summer of year 10 and 11, where you might just want to go over all your year 10 notes and make sure they are easy to comprehend and revise off!

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by mackydee03
Hey there :smile:

You should only really start making notes for GCSEs when you fee like you're going to retain the knowledge that you're going to write down. There is no point in writing notes on subjects, and then it comes to GCSE time and you no longer remember what you've noted down. My idea for you is to make sure all of your year 10 notes are spotless and are a good material for you to revise off, maybe in your spare time rewrite these in the Cornell note form or onto flashcards?

You still have a while to go yet until your GCSEs so don't begin to worry about notes and revision materials until you get to the summer of year 10 and 11, where you might just want to go over all your year 10 notes and make sure they are easy to comprehend and revise off!

Hope this helps :smile:

Thank you so much!!
Original post by amy._.hehe
I'm in year 10, but I'm really confused. When should I start writing up notes for my GCSEs?

i'm in year 10 and am just making notes as I go. e.g i just finished photosynthesis and respiration in bio and made all my notes and flashcards in time for my end of topic test so now I have full notes on that topic for gcse and never need to make them again
Original post by isobeln
i'm in year 10 and am just making notes as I go. e.g i just finished photosynthesis and respiration in bio and made all my notes and flashcards in time for my end of topic test so now I have full notes on that topic for gcse and never need to make them again

Hey! Yr 10 here and am struggling to keep up with making notes FOR EVERYTHING. Should I only make notes on some content or all?
Original post by amy._.hehe

hey, i started my GCSE revision during my year 10 mocks which were around april, i do wish sometimes i started a little earlier bc there’s so much content to cover in every subject especially things like history, psychology and english literature though i wouldn’t revise it in much detail if i were you, just read over them to keep your memory fresh.

i would advise you to make revision cards with important information which you think will help you in year 11 as well, i know they really helped me in year 11. Most importantly though, the easiest and most efficient way of revision especially if your in year 10 would be active recall. Going over topics you’ve covered recently will help keep it in your memory. I know GCSE’s have way more subjects than A-levels which is why it may get hard to remember everything but using active recall it would make it a bit easier.

Best of luck in your exams !!
That's what I'm wondering..causing me a lot of stress lol.
Original post by Chill.Study
Hey! Yr 10 here and am struggling to keep up with making notes FOR EVERYTHING. Should I only make notes on some content or all?

Original post by isobeln

Same, also making notes as you go mean that you may remember anything your teacher may have mentioned that isn't necessarily on the worksheets/is very important - I do think my book and textbook as well as any youtube videos could easily be good revision material for GCSE
Teachers also tend to say start early (obviously not hardcore revision) so that Year 11 is easier

Quick Reply

Latest