The Student Room Group

Fellow gym girls

The gyms are closing again. What an utter disgrace!!!
As far as I am concerned gyms are an essential service
My local gym is already in severe financial difficulties.
Anywaysssss how are you going to continue your workouts through lockdown?
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JKRfan
The gyms are closing again. What an utter disgrace!!!
As far as I am concerned gyms are an essential service
My local gym is already in severe financial difficulties.
Anywaysssss how are you going to continue your workouts through lockdown?

I know this thread was meant to be based at girls but you can continue workouts at home or adapt them to fulfill whatever you have at home. I mean as a personal trainer Im gonna be helping ppl with workouts so if you want pm me and ill try help
Reply 2
I definitely won't be working out from home. That novelty wore off in the last lockdown.

Press ups and daily walks whilst adjusting my diet will have to do.
Original post by tinygirl96
A list of ideas

If you have a swimming outdoor pool use it. Order exercise DVDs online or buy them cheaply from a garden centre, charity shop etc instead as a way to start. Get some colourful resistance bands, research exercises online or check out some good fitness books or magazines as well. Purchase a suitable exercise ball from Amazon and see if you can also get a floor mat. Look at a few different exercise videos on YouTube and do some each day too. Remember that the little and often method to doing any kind of exercise works best. Join a Facebook fitness group for extra support and tips. Pool your money to buy resources. Do sets of lunges or squats whilst watching Netflix using a wall for balance, acquire a balance board for performing balance exercises and for more advice, check out fitness apps. If you love it you will get used to it.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest