The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Heyy :smile::smile: I've applied to read geology at all bar Cambridge where I'm applying for Geography.

A-Level Predicted Grades: A* A* A

GCSE Grades: 9888776665 (I know not the best)

Cambridge (Geography BA): entry req: A*AA + 2 essays
Imperial (Geology BSc): entry req: AAA
Durham (Geology BSc): entry req: AAB OFFER RECIEVED: AAB (BBB/ABC if firmed)
Exeter (Geology BSc): entry req: AAB/ABB OFFER RECIEVED: AAB (or one grade lower if firmed)
Bristol (Geology BSc): entry req: AAB OFFER RECIEVED: AAB
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by JuliaJhnsn
Hi :smile:

A-level predicted grades: A*A*A*D1 (Cambridge Pre-U Geography has a weird grading system)
GCSE grades: 999999999

Oxford (Earth Sciences MSc)
Durham (Earth Sciences MSc)
Imperial (Geology MSc)
Birmingham (Geology MSc)
Bristol (Geology MSc)

I only sent off my application yesterday so I haven't heard anything yet, but fingers crossed... Good luck everyone!

Good luck :smile: which college at Durham? BTW bristol should hopefully give you an offer really soon. :biggrin:
I wasn't too fussed about Durham colleges so my main criteria was just aesthetic appeal - and Castle (University) clearly won. What about you? :smile:

Haha, yeah same to be honest. I chose Cuths as I liked the location of it being at the end of the Bailey so the walk to the earth sciences department is a nice one, yet not too long. Apparently has the cheapest pint too :biggrin:
Anyone had an imperial interview offer? I'm yet to receive an invitation :frown: Hopefully it'll come soon.
Original post by khunter123444
Anyone had an imperial interview offer? I'm yet to receive an invitation :frown: Hopefully it'll come soon.

I didn't apply to imperial, but it will most likely come soon as interviews all tend to be about the same time.
A-Level Predicted Grades: A* A* A*
GCSE Grades: 9999887776

Oxford (Earth sciences MSci):
Entry req: A*AA
Rejected ✌️
Durham (Earth sciences MSci):
Entry req: AAA
Offer received: AAA
Bristol (Geology MSci):
Entry req: AAB
Offer received: AAB
Manchester (Earth and planetary sciences MSci):
Entry req: AAA
Interview invitation
Offer received: AAA
Southampton (Geology BSc):
Entry req: ABB
Offer received: ABB
(edited 3 years ago)
I haven’t had one yet either. I’m pretty sure that I read that they interview anyone likely to meet the grades so fingers crossed they’ll be sent out soon 🤞

Ohh okayy, fingers crossed than ahaha :h:
Predicted: A*A*A*AA all a levels I know, I’m mad.
GCSE Grades - 9999888876A*
Oxford Earth Science
Exeter Geology Masters - offer received AAA or AAB if firmed
Leeds Geology Bachelors - offer received ABB
Imperial - earth and planetary
Durham earth science masters
Has anyone got any idea what the interview questions for non-Oxbridge universities are like-- I have an interview in 3 weeks but don't really know what type of questions they will ask.
Original post by profuseacoustic
Has anyone got any idea what the interview questions for non-Oxbridge universities are like-- I have an interview in 3 weeks but don't really know what type of questions they will ask.

For Manchester? It's very likely that the interview isn't going to be highly selective, it'll just be a chance to chat etc, shows you have a genuine interest etc. They'll probably ask standard questions like "Why Manchester?", "Why Geology" etc. If you did Geology A-Level they may ask you a few geology questions, like describe the formation of x formation etc.

Ofc, this information is just what I've gathered on TSR, so please take this with a pinch of salt, and you could probs find very similar answers on past threads like this :smile: Good luck :h:
For Manchester? It's very likely that the interview isn't going to be highly selective, it'll just be a chance to chat etc, shows you have a genuine interest etc. They'll probably ask standard questions like "Why Manchester?", "Why Geology" etc. If you did Geology A-Level they may ask you a few geology questions, like describe the formation of x formation etc.

Ofc, this information is just what I've gathered on TSR, so please take this with a pinch of salt, and you could probs find very similar answers on past threads like this :smile: Good luck :h:

Thank you, that's all very helpful advice :smile:

YOU are lucky
hey! i’ve applied to
swansea - environmental geoscience (offer received)
liverpool - geology and geography combined (offer received)
birmingham- geology and geography
southampton environmental geoscience
UEA - environmental science
all bachelors of science
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by jess.lhayes
hey! i’ve applied to
all bachelors of science

Heyy! Congrats on your offers so far :smile::smile: Good luck with the rest of your choices :h:
aw thanks :smile:) you too if you’re applying!!
aw thanks :smile:) you too if you’re applying!!

Thank youu! :smile:
hey! i’ve applied to
all bachelors of science

Congratulations on your offers @jess.lhayes! Have you attended any Open Days yet? we have a virtual open day coming up so if you had any questions about the course or studying at Swansea then this would be a good opportunity to chat with lecturers and students :smile:

Best of luck with your other applications too!

- Mia :h:
Original post by Swansea University Enquiries
Congratulations on your offers @jess.lhayes! Have you attended any Open Days yet? we have a virtual open day coming up so if you had any questions about the course or studying at Swansea then this would be a good opportunity to chat with lecturers and students :smile:

Best of luck with your other applications too!

- Mia :h:

Ahh thank you Mia! I was very pleased to receive Swansea as it’s one of my top choices. I have attended an open day but I was thinking about attending another now I have an offer :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending