The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE English Language Exam 8700 Paper 1,2 2nd, 4th Nov 2020 - Exam Discussion

AQA GCSE English Language Exam 8700 - Paper 1 and 2 - 2nd and 4th November 2020

Exam technique, night before breakdowns and discussion regarding this exam... It's all here Feel free to add resources to the thread as well as anything that may be helpful to others

This thread covers the following papers:

8700 Paper 1,2 2nd/4th November 2020

The official specification:

https://filestore.aqa.org.uk/resources/english/specifications/AQA-8700-SP-2015.PDF

List of Recommeded Resources:

Scroll to see replies

How did you guys find the test?

I ran out of time and I’m a little worried because of that. The last question threw me off
which exam board did you take? I did eduqas
I did AQA
Reply 4
I found this in google images after the exam🙄
For question 5
4793A924-A1FB-4C5F-9A0C-D0E0F35716EE.jpeg
(edited 3 years ago)
Wowww. I didn’t even use that picture at all because I couldn’t think of anything . What did you answer for question 4?
Reply 6
Original post by misscupcakeee29
Wowww. I didn’t even use that picture at all because I couldn’t think of anything . What did you answer for question 4?

To be honest with you I totally wrote anything that I think Rosie imagination. Something like that, I think I have done bad in that question, I haven’t really structured my answer well, kinda scared.
Reply 7
Hope fully Grade boundaries are low
Reply 8
My whole year group sat the exam, which is unusual for the November series I think. I found it alright and definitely better than some of the past papers I've done, but really not sure what I'll get grade wise. Hope everyone else found it okay and good luck for paper 2 on Wednesday!
(edited 3 years ago)
Hi guys, I've moved this conversation into the thread set up for this exam!

How did you guys find it?
Q1 2 was easy 3 4 bit harder and done bad on Q5 because I only wrote a page. Praying grade boundaries are low but even if I fail or get a 4 I will still be able to keep my predicted grade 5. How’s everyone revising for paper 2.
Hey, Q1 seemed relatively straight forward Q2 I struggled on slightly, but managed to do it, didn’t have time to check back on it.Q3 found easy Q4 also relatively straight forward I don’t think I made enough points as I didn’t have time Q5 I wrote a story that I had written for revision but rushed the ending and didn’t make the ending in as much detail as I would’ve wanted. The exam board did say the grade boundaries will be low though. How is everyone revising for paper2?
Reply 12
Original post by emmyisthebest01
Hey, Q1 seemed relatively straight forward Q2 I struggled on slightly, but managed to do it, didn’t have time to check back on it.Q3 found easy Q4 also relatively straight forward I don’t think I made enough points as I didn’t have time Q5 I wrote a story that I had written for revision but rushed the ending and didn’t make the ending in as much detail as I would’ve wanted. The exam board did say the grade boundaries will be low though. How is everyone revising for paper2?

Yep they said grade boundaries will be low. To be honest I kinda did bad so I’m scared hope paper 2 will go good
I found the timings really hard and I hardly wrote anything for Q4 and 5
Reply 14
Same literally ran out of time I focused more on q5
Reply 15
I am Literally soooo scared for paper 2 I don’t know how I will do
Original post by Alish10
I am Literally soooo scared for paper 2 I don’t know how I will do

same but I really hope grade boundaries are low
Reply 17
I wrote for q4 that the writer portrays Rosie as insane and incapable to carry out tasks , he also repeats strange a lot also Rosie could have been abused physically or by her mind in the past before she is also overwhelmed which is constantly stated
Original post by Alish10
I wrote for q4 that the writer portrays Rosie as insane and incapable to carry out tasks , he also repeats strange a lot also Rosie could have been abused physically or by her mind in the past before she is also overwhelmed which is constantly stated

that's rly good, I just said she keeps seeing the girl appear and disappear which must mean its part of her imagination as her own child was unfazed
Original post by Leo_gyp
Yep they said grade boundaries will be low. To be honest I kinda did bad so I’m scared hope paper 2 will go good

did you go AQA? trust me, you most likely did better than you think, and yes revise as much as you can for paper 2

Latest

Trending

Trending