The Student Room Group

HMRC Surge and Rapid Response Team 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by td1991
Great news - congrats!! :smile:

where will you be based? Bristol too?

Yep! Bristol as well.
Original post by trixytwix27
I think its just identification docs for now, afterwards will then be PECS and references 😊 im so excited for this role! Btw have u submitted yours already? I submitted mine yesterday but i forgot to ask them about potential start dates..

Hi there! Yes I submitted them just now but like you, forgot to ask about start dates! It's really hard to know cos it must vary by location and it seems they have to do a lot of checks. I think it might be next year based on what people have said already. I've been trying to find out more about what we'll be doing/deployments but it's not too detailed haha!
How long did u wait for ur start date :smile:

Well, about 3-4 months after initial application. And 6 weeks or so after hearing I passed the interview.
Original post by StellaBella05
Hi there! Yes I submitted them just now but like you, forgot to ask about start dates! It's really hard to know cos it must vary by location and it seems they have to do a lot of checks. I think it might be next year based on what people have said already. I've been trying to find out more about what we'll be doing/deployments but it's not too detailed haha!

i've seen others have been deployed to countries like spain and jamaica but of course these will be rare but im really looking forward to travelling! and if im right, there's only 10 of us in the edinburgh area in terms of the number of posts so i cant wait to find out who the others are hahah!! :smile:
i've seen others have been deployed to countries like spain and jamaica but of course these will be rare but im really looking forward to travelling! and if im right, there's only 10 of us in the edinburgh area in terms of the number of posts so i cant wait to find out who the others are hahah!! :smile:

Yeah it would be nice to travel, Covid permitting haha. Do you think we'll start working from home or the new HMRC office? Think it has already opened or is just about to. Just hope all my checks come back okay now and we get a start date soon!
Yeah it would be nice to travel, Covid permitting haha. Do you think we'll start working from home or the new HMRC office? Think it has already opened or is just about to. Just hope all my checks come back okay now and we get a start date soon!

i think we might be starting at the new one but remains to be seen hahaha no wonder they were holding that massive campaign for customer service consultants too, and the ones who already had starting dates for it are working in the new office i heard this coming november
i think we might be starting at the new one but remains to be seen hahaha no wonder they were holding that massive campaign for customer service consultants too, and the ones who already had starting dates for it are working in the new office i heard this coming november

Hey. I applied for the Edinburgh posts too. How did you receive your provisional job offer, was it through email or the website ? I'm hoping they haven't sent out all the successful ones at the same time as I have't heard anything yet lol. Thanks
Original post by BarOx95!
Hey. I applied for the Edinburgh posts too. How did you receive your provisional job offer, was it through email or the website ? I'm hoping they haven't sent out all the successful ones at the same time as I have't heard anything yet lol. Thanks

hello! i received my provisional offer through email :smile:
I also got a provisional offer for Edinburgh 2 days ago. I've sent in the information for security checks. I didn't think to ask for start dates either.
Original post by nocontractsim
I also got a provisional offer for Edinburgh 2 days ago. I've sent in the information for security checks. I didn't think to ask for start dates either.

Congrats!! Well i asked them in a followup email to the email address they gave to send the IDs to, but they basically ignored it lol. They just confirmed they received my IDs and uploaded it to the portal😅

Guys i also think its highly likely we start next yr instead of this yr. I was looking for vacancies and also saw they were still in process of looking for our team leaders for surge in edb which'll probz take another month to complete too
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 50
Next week will be 3 weeks since I handed my doc's in and I've still not had any update. I'm so impatient haha
Congrats!! Well i asked them in a followup email to the email address they gave to send the IDs to, but they basically ignored it lol. They just confirmed they received my IDs and uploaded it to the portal😅

Guys i also think its highly likely we start next yr instead of this yr. I was looking for vacancies and also saw they were still in process of looking for our team leaders for surge in edb which'll probz take another month to complete too

Hi! Yeah I asked them about start dates in the email as well and she didn't address it so who knows. I just then got an email saying my documents were uploaded to the portal. Do you know what the next steps are? Is it the SC, references etc.? I read somewhere that they ask for personal referees who know you and not employment ones but that could be wrong.

I think you might be right re start date. I mean it's November already, so I doubt we're going to start within the next 8 weeks given all the checks they do and what other people have said. Just want to know haha!
Hi! Yeah I asked them about start dates in the email as well and she didn't address it so who knows. I just then got an email saying my documents were uploaded to the portal. Do you know what the next steps are? Is it the SC, references etc.? I read somewhere that they ask for personal referees who know you and not employment ones but that could be wrong.

I think you might be right re start date. I mean it's November already, so I doubt we're going to start within the next 8 weeks given all the checks they do and what other people have said. Just want to know haha!

What I can garner from what people have said in previous years it will be, check right to work then the security checks. Once they are done 2 personal referees and then maybe send in evidence you have the relevant Maths and English qualifications.

That's all just gleaned from what I have read elsehwere so might be right might be wrong.
Anyone here who applied for Salford heard back yet? I did the interview 5 weeks ago today but still nothing
Reply 54
Original post by livmc2020
Anyone here who applied for Salford heard back yet? I did the interview 5 weeks ago today but still nothing

Hey I've applied for Salford, I heard back about my interview results about 5 weeks later. I've been waiting another 4 weeks now since handing my documents in and hearing about a provisional offer. Seems to be a really slow process which is really frustrating haha
Original post by Flx1
Hey I've applied for Salford, I heard back about my interview results about 5 weeks later. I've been waiting another 4 weeks now since handing my documents in and hearing about a provisional offer. Seems to be a really slow process which is really frustrating haha

Thanks for replying! Hopefully I'll hear back soon then. It's so frustrating how slow it is. Fingers crossed you'll hear about your offer soon!
I'm in the middle of filling in the pre-employment check forms and am on the one that is on the Civil Service website where you have to include your employment history, references etc.? For the employment/academic one, is it okay to not include my previous employer and instead include the one before that? I was at my second most recent job for much longer and got on better with my line manager etc. so would rather put that person than my most recent one haha. It doesn't say you can't so I think it would be okay but just wondered if anyone had any idea?

I'm in the middle of filling in the pre-employment check forms and am on the one that is on the Civil Service website where you have to include your employment history, references etc.? For the employment/academic one, is it okay to not include my previous employer and instead include the one before that? I was at my second most recent job for much longer and got on better with my line manager etc. so would rather put that person than my most recent one haha. It doesn't say you can't so I think it would be okay but just wondered if anyone had any idea?

I think it would be safer if you just include it anyway, because they'll be checking your PAYE or sumthin apparently so just be safe :smile: as for me, i have never been employed as i was at uni for the past years so they just asked for an additional third (academic) reference which i was glad to give 😁
I think it would be safer if you just include it anyway, because they'll be checking your PAYE or sumthin apparently so just be safe :smile: as for me, i have never been employed as i was at uni for the past years so they just asked for an additional third (academic) reference which i was glad to give 😁

Hey! Yeah it's just that I resigned from my most recent job and it was quite tricky with my supervisor before I left so was just worried if asked for a reference they might not be very nice whereas my other one I think I'd be more confident using. That's even if they ask them a lot of questions which I'm not even sure they do! Maybe they just confirm you've worked there etc. At least this means they're keeping the ball rolling!
Hey! Yeah it's just that I resigned from my most recent job and it was quite tricky with my supervisor before I left so was just worried if asked for a reference they might not be very nice whereas my other one I think I'd be more confident using. That's even if they ask them a lot of questions which I'm not even sure they do! Maybe they just confirm you've worked there etc. At least this means they're keeping the ball rolling!

its up to you! do what you feel is most comfortable and plus its always the references they always give priority to anyway as opposed to your job history surely! :smile: im happy i cant believe they got back to us promptly :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending