The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Ehsann
Hey, how did everyone find the exam?

Hey, I found it okay but im not sure how I did. I didn’t manage to finish question 3 but I’m not sure if my question 5 was level 6 worthy!!! Wbu??
Reply 2
Original post by SR13__
Hey, I found it okay but im not sure how I did. I didn’t manage to finish question 3 but I’m not sure if my question 5 was level 6 worthy!!! Wbu??

Yeh same I’m not sure whether I did good or bad but Q1 was okay, Q2 was okay I just analysed the personification of the “gigantic malformed hand” and used some over the verbs: “snarled” and “chocking”. It gives the garden an animalistic vibe. I then did Qs4, I spent a lot of time on this and i kept crossing out and starting again but I managed to come up with a few points for and against. For qs3 I was rushed for time and I used 5 mins of my qs5 time but I just wrote about the beginning middle and end and the circular structure as well as the shift in focus on the stranger girl e.t.c and effect on reader- sinister and threatening tone. Qs5 was okay, only had 40 mins but lI preplanned descriptions that I just wrote up and made some things up on the spot but on the whole I found qs4 the hardest.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 3
This is the QS5 picture, however the clouds were more grey, more Misty and fog everywhere and the black gates were wide open. Also there were more bushes on the floor and trees with no leaves behind the gates

598EEAC5-1D44-48DE-A161-B9829C3D11C5.jpeg
What did you write for Q4? I was a little confused and I started to write about in one para about how the Rosie and the stranger girl had similar characteristics and perhaps the stranger girl could’ve been Rosie as a young child she was imagining as she ‘unconsciously’ recognised the girl was left handed like her. I also used to quote ‘Cara seemed unfazed by the presence’ of the stranger girl which is ambiguous as it could suggest the girl is real and Cara is used to seeing her or that actually the girl was a figment of Rosies imagination (I worded it better, analysed quotes as well). What did everyone else write ?
Oh my god, we think alike. I wrote about the stranger girl being a part of rosie and backed it up using the same quotes you found.
Reply 6
Dats what i wrote as well i thought i was the only one who found q4 hard
Original post by Ehsann
Hey, how did everyone find the exam?

The exam was good for me!
lemme help y'all
Q5 PAPER 2 ENGLISH LANGUAGE 2020 QUESTION IS:

‘Space should be explored for the interest of our knowledge. It is the way forward for technological advancing.'

Write an article for a broadsheet newspaper in which you argue for or against

this statement.
Reply 9
Original post by rahman123100
lemme help y'all

‘Space should be explored for the interest of our knowledge. It is the way forward for technological advancing.'

this statement.

How do you know that’s the actual question for the exam ???????
Reply 10
I think i done okay, for question 5 i basically used the extract we got and described the picture as a garden and linked it to a grave yard and also added an imaginary boy, i hope the examiner understands that im trying to foreshadow that the boy is a ghost.
Reply 11
Original post by Ehsann
Yeh same I’m not sure whether I did good or bad but Q1 was okay, Q2 was okay I just analysed the personification of the “gigantic malformed hand” and used some over the verbs: “snarled” and “chocking”. It gives the garden an animalistic vibe. I then did Qs4, I spent a lot of time on this and i kept crossing out and starting again but I managed to come up with a few points for and against. For qs3 I was rushed for time and I used 5 mins of my qs5 time but I just wrote about the beginning middle and end and the circular structure as well as the shift in focus on the stranger girl e.t.c and effect on reader- sinister and threatening tone. Qs5 was okay, only had 40 mins but lI preplanned descriptions that I just wrote up and made some things up on the spot but on the whole I found qs4 the hardest.

now i think i did bad lol i kinda described it as a metaphor but i wasent sure if it was a simile or not
Reply 12
Original post by maryumkx
What did you write for Q4? I was a little confused and I started to write about in one para about how the Rosie and the stranger girl had similar characteristics and perhaps the stranger girl could’ve been Rosie as a young child she was imagining as she ‘unconsciously’ recognised the girl was left handed like her. I also used to quote ‘Cara seemed unfazed by the presence’ of the stranger girl which is ambiguous as it could suggest the girl is real and Cara is used to seeing her or that actually the girl was a figment of Rosies imagination (I worded it better, analysed quotes as well). What did everyone else write ?

i wrote down about how her daughter showed 0 interest in the girl
Reply 13
Original post by rahman123100
lemme help y'all

this statement.

how dyu know this
Original post by Fatzschool
I think i done okay, for question 5 i basically used the extract we got and described the picture as a garden and linked it to a grave yard and also added an imaginary boy, i hope the examiner understands that im trying to foreshadow that the boy is a ghost.

I did something along the line. I had memorised a good weather paragraph, so I went into the question diverting my reader to long for good weather. I also wrote about how someone mysterious glided towards the gate, followed by his sister misty, then followed their parents holding hands like lovers would. I basically implied that it was the gate way to heaven but did not state they had died. Left that for the marker to assume. ... Think I wrote a story boys and girls.... Balls
how dyu know this

He might be a troll, but I am gonna do a mock based on this question tonight before I sleep just incase. Anyways, that will be good practice
Reply 16
Original post by EnglishNovice
I did something along the line. I had memorised a good weather paragraph, so I went into the question diverting my reader to long for good weather. I also wrote about how someone mysterious glided towards the gate, followed by his sister misty, then followed their parents holding hands like lovers would. I basically implied that it was the gate way to heaven but did not state they had died. Left that for the marker to assume. ... Think I wrote a story boys and girls.... Balls

Yeah my teacher taughy me to describe the weather in para 1 then introduce a character and then a dilemma and solve as the ending
Reply 17
He might be a troll, but I am gonna do a mock based on this question tonight before I sleep just incase. Anyways, that will be good practice

do you have any goof revision tips or places to go on for paper 2 as i am really bad with that paper
do you have any goof revision tips or places to go on for paper 2 as i am really bad with that paper

Guy called mr Sallas on YouTube... You will not regret it

Besides the description, what was the other part of q5 again? I mean what was the heading of the story?
Also, do u remember where the extract was taken from? So that I can redo it
Thank u
(edited 3 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending