The Student Room Group

CIFA fraud marker and student loan

Scroll to see replies

Original post by 999tigger
As Bio pointed out that is a fraud in itself.
They would also struggl;e to provide the evidence to establish who they are.

Yeah the banks would
Original post by Bio 7
You underestimate how much they will care about someone using a false ID to commit fraud. Your ideas here are illegal and you should not try recommending them.

But cifas last for 6 years that’s a really long time
Reply 22
Original post by struggler07
But cifas last for 6 years that’s a really long time

Better 6 years with a mark than any time in prison.
Yeah the banks would

That makes no sense.
Original post by Omk123
I think I might have a cifa fraud marker on my name as my old Barclays account closed 3 years ago due to suspected fraud. Now I’m 18 and I need an account for student loan I have applied for NatWest and HSBC and have been declined and when I called Barclays to see what was going on they said my account is closed and they can’t see anything and I’ll have to call Experian and get a credit report which I have currently done and still awaiting reply. Any advice tips in case I can’t open an account

Please tell me how it goes and if they accept your prepaid card
Original post by Bio 7
Better 6 years with a mark than any time in prison.

True prison ain’t nice truss it ain’t worth it truss
Original post by 999tigger
That makes no sense.

I meant banks would clock on
Original post by TheLostStudent06

Or he can try a credit union
Original post by Omk123
I think I might have a cifa fraud marker on my name as my old Barclays account closed 3 years ago due to suspected fraud. Now I’m 18 and I need an account for student loan I have applied for NatWest and HSBC and have been declined and when I called Barclays to see what was going on they said my account is closed and they can’t see anything and I’ll have to call Experian and get a credit report which I have currently done and still awaiting reply. Any advice tips in case I can’t open an account

You can try change your name on deed poll aswell
Or just keep making complaints to the bank

The bank don't care, they've already severed the relationship by closing accounts, reaching a standard of criminal proof and placing the marker. Under what circumstances exactly would they contact CIFAS and say 'nah it's ok, just leave it'? As several other users who work/ed in finance and credit control have pointed out, you really don't seem to know how this works and shouldn't come here giving advice (And I'm sure I've said so before)

Imagine you caught someone robbing a bank, you've clearly seen their face, got a photo of them in the act and their getaway car, and you walk into the police station and tell them all and give the photos. Then you come back the next week and say 'Actually that didn't happen, we didn't see that person seen robbing the bank in that photo we took and gave you' ... You surely see something a bit off with that line of reasoning that would draw further comment?
Original post by StriderHort
The bank don't care, they've already severed the relationship by closing accounts, reaching a standard of criminal proof and placing the marker. Under what circumstances exactly would they contact CIFAS and say 'nah it's ok, just leave it'? As several other users who work/ed in finance and credit control have pointed out, you really don't seem to know how this works and shouldn't come here giving advice (And I'm sure I've said so before)

Imagine you caught someone robbing a bank, you've clearly seen their face, got a photo of them in the act and their getaway car, and you walk into the police station and tell them all and give the photos. Then you come back the next week and say 'Actually that didn't happen, we didn't see that person seen robbing the bank in that photo we took and gave you' ... You surely see something a bit off with that line of reasoning that would draw further comment?

Oh yeah true your right 6 years is harsh I guess you know, at least the bank didn’t get the police involved
Reply 31
Original post by TheLostStudent06

Will do
Reply 32
Have you managed to get into any account as I’m having this problem too and have done the exact same as you
Original post by Plbwxx
Have you managed to get into any account as I’m having this problem too and have done the exact same as you

I’ve got a cifas marker only way is to get a prepaid card or wait 6 years till the marker goes
Original post by Plbwxx

Imma be honest. Us ppl who fell into the trap probs wont get student maintenance loans. We can still go uni bcuz tuition fees, we do not need to use a card for that but if you wanna live outwards then its sticky. Best u can do is stay in ur city, e.g. if u live in London, go to unis in london only. Some prepaid cards might be obtainable but just like monzo, if they join cifas, they can get locked off.

Everything happens for a reason... if you're going uni and cant get maintenance loans, that just cuts down your debt after when you start your actual life. Maybe its a valid barrier to make u save up? The universe plays a big role. But best wishes to you and everyone else (inc. Me)
can someone make a list of banks that accept you with a cifas marker please
Original post by J_borrows
can someone make a list of banks that accept you with a cifas marker please

There isn't really any such thing. They all have the ability to make their own decisions and they don't tend to advertise 'We accept fraud!"

Even many of the prepaid/online card places that turned a blind eye like Monzo, Monese, Revolut ect are signing up day by day.
Does the account need to be in your name? If not get your parents to open up an account and use that
Original post by Kaosgeneral
Does the account need to be in your name? If not get your parents to open up an account and use that

If you've just been caught and banned from the financial system, it's maybe a good idea not to drag the rest of your families accounts with you. :redface:
Original post by StriderHort
If you've just been caught and banned from the financial system, it's maybe a good idea not to drag the rest of your families accounts with you. :redface:

im going to uni next year and will need a bank for the loan. Anyone could help of what i could use to recieve it

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending