The Student Room Group

law

I am currently predicted a*a*b and I’m not sure what unis to apply to, any suggestions (doing law) ?
Original post by Kanoya
I am currently predicted a*a*b and I’m not sure what unis to apply to, any suggestions (doing law) ?

Have you thought about doing some research?
Have a look on this sub forum as there are many lists with all the same unis recommended.
Any preferences? Like location, what kind of campus? What are you looking for out of these unis as well?
Reply 3
Original post by PetitePanda
Any preferences? Like location, what kind of campus? What are you looking for out of these unis as well?

I don’t know if I’m just being super paranoid but I feel like I won’t get into any of the unis because they all ask for aaa and above, kings is one of my top unis, other than that I don’t really mind. I would like to stay quite close to London but I’ve been looking at Bristol. My issue is that idk if I should apply to a fall back uni and idk which one
Reply 4
Original post by Kanoya
I don’t know if I’m just being super paranoid but I feel like I won’t get into any of the unis because they all ask for aaa and above, kings is one of my top unis, other than that I don’t really mind. I would like to stay quite close to London but I’ve been looking at Bristol. My issue is that idk if I should apply to a fall back uni and idk which one

If I were you I’d email the uni because your predicted A*A*B they may make you an offer but I’d email them first to check if they’d accept it.
Original post by Kanoya

If you already have unis in mind, I suggest contacting them if they will accept you with those grades or if they will give you an offer for it. I think you should look at definitely non-LNAT unis and perhaps one back up uni just in case because that B could perhaps pull you back. Tbh you should remember that the grades is what you should aim for because there might be a uni you may like in clearing or you could try again next year or they could make you an offer based on higher grades. Are you eligible for any contextual offers?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
If you already have unis in mind, I suggest contacting them if they will accept you with those grades or if they will give you an offer for it. I think you should look at definitely non-LNAT unis and perhaps one back up uni just in case because that B could perhaps pull you back. Tbh you should remember that the grades is what you should aim for because there might be a uni you may like in clearing or you could try again next year or they could make you an offer based on higher grades. Are you eligible for any contextual offers?

I’m probably not eligible for any contextual offers.
Currently I’m looking at Southampton/Warwick/Bristol/ kings/Qmul
Am I being to ambitious? The B is so annoying and my teacher is being pretty stubborn about it.
Do you have any suggestions for a good uni with aab requirements?
Original post by Kanoya
I’m probably not eligible for any contextual offers.
Currently I’m looking at Southampton/Warwick/Bristol/ kings/Qmul
Am I being to ambitious? The B is so annoying and my teacher is being pretty stubborn about it.
Do you have any suggestions for a good uni with aab requirements?

I'm glad you have non-LNAT unis but your selection is a bit too ambitious and recommend at least one safety uni. I suggest you try to contact each unis and see if they'll make you an offer with those predicted grades and if they do then work hard to achieve the grades they want. For good unis with aab requirements and lower, Cardiff (AAB-ABB). For decent unis (my own opinion) with lower requirements, NCH (AAB) - I liked their teaching - and Northumbria (BBB) - just because of their integrated course. I could go lower but tbh I think you are able to go to a university of higher entry requirements - its just that B hindering you.
Reply 8
I'm glad you have non-LNAT unis but your selection is a bit too ambitious and recommend at least one safety uni. I suggest you try to contact each unis and see if they'll make you an offer with those predicted grades and if they do then work hard to achieve the grades they want. For good unis with aab requirements and lower, Cardiff (AAB-ABB). For decent unis (my own opinion) with lower requirements, NCH (AAB) - I liked their teaching - and Northumbria (BBB) - just because of their integrated course. I could go lower but tbh I think you are able to go to a university of higher entry requirements - its just that B hindering you.

yeah I agree, I have a mock for my history next week so I’m trying to get my b up to an A hopefully that goes well, if not I’ll have to look into these other unis too
Thank you 👍🏾
Original post by Kanoya

bristol and unis that ask for aaa or aab

these questions take half an hour of googling. don't be a lazy sod

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending