The Student Room Group

Nsaa 2020

How did everyone find it?

Scroll to see replies

That was the worst paper I have ever done in my entire life. Section 2 chemistry I am talking about specifically. I kinda doubt I'll be even invited to an interview (tbf section 1 was alright I guess ) ☹️☹️☹️☹️
Section 1 chemistry was alright, only missed out one question.
Section 1 maths was ok but really really time consuming and I missed out three questions - I found it much more time consuming than all practise papers.
Section 2 chemistry - this broke me! It was so hard, I left 3 questions and guessed a lot others.
Original post by thisaccount
Section 1 chemistry was alright, only missed out one question.
Section 1 maths was ok but really really time consuming and I missed out three questions - I found it much more time consuming than all practise papers.
Section 2 chemistry - this broke me! It was so hard, I left 3 questions and guessed a lot others.

Did the exact same as you. Except I left a lot more q on section 2
Section 1 maths and physics was okay but tight on time. Section 2 physics was a pretty big difficulty increase. Was definitely a tough paper.
I did section 1 maths and biology. I was really behind on time in the maths ended up guessing at least 5 and biology were long questions like not necessarily hard but time consuming considering the added stress I feel like I made a lot of mistakes where I shouldn’t have. I did section 2 chemistry and it was horrible I feel like they absolutely underestimated the time it would take to sit that and there parts of it that I’d never seen in practice papers or anywhere really... hopefully I wasn’t the only one
Reply 6
Original post by Ssssabella
I did section 1 maths and biology. I was really behind on time in the maths ended up guessing at least 5 and biology were long questions like not necessarily hard but time consuming considering the added stress I feel like I made a lot of mistakes where I shouldn’t have. I did section 2 chemistry and it was horrible I feel like they absolutely underestimated the time it would take to sit that and there parts of it that I’d never seen in practice papers or anywhere really... hopefully I wasn’t the only one

Same here, I spent too long on Biology, had to guest 10 questions.

I felt like Biology section 2 was a bit easier, but I don't know for sure.
section 1, doing phy + math was extremely time constrained..... i guessed i think 2 phy questions ... but ig the phy section 1 was more difficult than previous years
Section 2 physics was kinda fine...not to baaad...
I didn’t even have time to do the physics part in section 1, not even any time to guess.. I’m so f*cked
Section 1 maths was fairly decent
Section 1 chemistry was ok ish- skipped a few
Section 2 chemistry - defo my worst bit, guessed quite a few and feel so disappointed cos I could have done quite a few more of them but I just kept on messing the maths up again and again :frown:
I prepared for the test and came away feeling rlly bad, I feel rlly stupid atm because despite all the work I put in I still f*d up
Original post by Destinexx
I prepared for the test and came away feeling rlly bad, I feel rlly stupid atm because despite all the work I put in I still f*d up

Me too.. I spent my holidays (I’m in France so I just had 2 weeks) completely working like crazy and many subjects I learnt by myself because we didn’t study them at school. I failed the test, I’m so gutted I think I might top myself
Original post by Destinexx

isnt it the same for us all lol?
section 1 maths was meh , guessed about 5
Section 1 bio was decent , guessed like 2
Section 2 bio was alright as well
It’s just the time, like the questions aren’t even hard but you have to do it so fast
Original post by interstellxxr
I didn’t even have time to do the physics part in section 1, not even any time to guess.. I’m so f*cked

yeah its pretty tough on timing
how did you find section 2 ?
I thought it was insanely hard personally lol
I'll probably score an average of 12/13 out of 20 in the sections. Did chemistry in both sections. DAMN, the 2020 specification was really time consuming! Past papers were nothing compared to this. Math was tedious. I would've appreciated the large descriptive questions as in previous years. MCQs fricked me for real :frown:

Section 1 was too jammed. Section 2 was kinda relaxed, but some questions had some really weird topics. I expected some more organic chem (the one I'm naturally great at), but alas :frown: TEDIOUS TEDIOUS TEDIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming that I get around 50% correct, do I stand a realistic chance at getting an interview?
I underestimated the test too much from past papers. This was freakin super duper fricked up. I'm already bad at MCQs - and then this. I have my A Level physics and chem paper 1s (MCQs) some days later :smile: MCQs will haunt me for the rest of my life
Original post by vyper47
I'll probably score an average of 12/13 out of 20 in the sections. Did chemistry in both sections. DAMN, the 2020 specification was really time consuming! Past papers were nothing compared to this. Math was tedious. I would've appreciated the large descriptive questions as in previous years. MCQs fricked me for real :frown:

Section 1 was too jammed. Section 2 was kinda relaxed, but some questions had some really weird topics. I expected some more organic chem (the one I'm naturally great at), but alas :frown: TEDIOUS TEDIOUS TEDIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming that I get around 50% correct, do I stand a realistic chance at getting an interview?

Im sure you would as long as everything else so far is fine.
Original post by lsolomon142
yeah its pretty tough on timing
how did you find section 2 ?
I thought it was insanely hard personally lol

I did physics, found i was so mentally tired i couldnt think through the problems properly... guessed wayy to many
section 1 was alright, found the maths a little easier than usual but chemistry was pretty much like the past papers in terms of difficulty. section 2 chemistry was spawned from hell it seems, I wish they kept the old format as that always was my better section by far

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending