The Student Room Group

A- Level Biology Thread

Hi Everyone,
I thought I would make this just for anyone taking A-level Biology Just a place where we can discuss what we're doing so far and receive help if we need it.

A couple questions to introduce yourselves:
What year you are in?
What exam board you are doing?
If you want to, what grade did you get for Biology/ Combined Science?
What do you want to do when you're older?
and a fact about you!!

Looking forward to talk to you all
I have also started a Chemistry one too!!
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi I'm Mari.

I'm in Year 12 and I'm doing the OCR A examboard for Biology. I got an 8 for biology.

Ummmmm an interesting fact about me is that I'm writing a book.

(also my biology teacher is insane and I'm actually dying)
Original post by shutyourquiznak
Hi I'm Mari.

I'm in Year 12 and I'm doing the OCR A examboard for Biology. I got an 8 for biology.

Ummmmm an interesting fact about me is that I'm writing a book.

(also my biology teacher is insane and I'm actually dying)

oooo that's so cool I always thought about writing my own book:smile: What's it about if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by RoisinTewkesbury
oooo that's so cool I always thought about writing my own book:smile: What's it about if you don't mind me asking?

ach

so it's set in 2250 and the premise is that earth is in an intergalactic cold war with this alien race called the Veneruls. The Veneruls are said to be the oldest race in existence and have different factions that can control different aspects of nature (ice and water, fire, light, darkness, ground and plants, sky and weather). the main character is this guy called Sacha Nakamura-Petrov and the book starts with him finding out he's a venerul and he's in denial and all that but his mum says that this could be used as a diplomatic tool (but she's clearly disgusted with him). so on his first diplomatic mission somebody tries to blow up his transport spaceship and he's left stranded in space. the veneruls are blamed and a full on war starts between the veneruls and humans. he doesn't go back to earth because he thinks that his mum will be much more proud of him if he can bring down the Venerul Council so he decides to try that and goes undercover.

this is really brief. there's a lot more characters and plot and lore but like i didn't want to bore you.

also dude you should definitely just go for it and write the book.
ach

so it's set in 2250 and the premise is that earth is in an intergalactic cold war with this alien race called the Veneruls. The Veneruls are said to be the oldest race in existence and have different factions that can control different aspects of nature (ice and water, fire, light, darkness, ground and plants, sky and weather). the main character is this guy called Sacha Nakamura-Petrov and the book starts with him finding out he's a venerul and he's in denial and all that but his mum says that this could be used as a diplomatic tool (but she's clearly disgusted with him). so on his first diplomatic mission somebody tries to blow up his transport spaceship and he's left stranded in space. the veneruls are blamed and a full on war starts between the veneruls and humans. he doesn't go back to earth because he thinks that his mum will be much more proud of him if he can bring down the Venerul Council so he decides to try that and goes undercover.

this is really brief. there's a lot more characters and plot and lore but like i didn't want to bore you.

also dude you should definitely just go for it and write the book.

That sounds so good, I would definitely read it!
See I would write a book but would no idea what do write because I am not that creative but I am thinking about writing my own film when I am older:smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Year 13
OCR A
Dr - cardio thoracic heart surgeon.

I have an addiction to Apple Juice lol
@SmartUnicorn I just saw your thread about enzymes maybe someone here could help?:smile:
Hi Everyone,
I thought I would make this just for anyone taking A-level Biology Just a place where we can discuss what we're doing so far and receive help if we need it.

What year you are in?
and a fact about you!!

I am in year 12
ocr
level 9
ha not sure, but my a levels r bio chem english and art so something in medical sciences or humanities
I am currently dodging my assignments by watching attack on titan :smile:
That sounds so good, I would definitely read it!
See I would write a book but would no idea what do write because I am not that creative but I am thinking about writing my own film when I am older:smile:

i'm sure you're just being hard on yourself.

do you have an idea about what the film would be about?
Original post by lunacentral1
I am in year 12
ocr
level 9
ha not sure, but my a levels r bio chem english and art so something in medical sciences or humanities
I am currently dodging my assignments by watching attack on titan :smile:

bro i stopped watching aot bc it was just so much heart ache for me:biggrin:
What year you are in? Year 13😅
What exam board you are doing? WJEC ew
If you want to, what grade did you get for Biology/ Combined Science? A
What do you want to do when you're older? Dentist
bro i stopped watching aot bc it was just so much heart ache for me:biggrin:

lol i've watched so many romance shows i am pretty much numb now... bananafish was the last straw lmaoo
if u haven't watched s3 ur missing out on so much ITS A MASTERPIECE also december s4 release will b epic
i'm sure you're just being hard on yourself.

do you have an idea about what the film would be about?

No idea tbh but it would be cool to write one:smile:
Original post by lunacentral1
lol i've watched so many romance shows i am pretty much numb now... bananafish was the last straw lmaoo
if u haven't watched s3 ur missing out on so much ITS A MASTERPIECE also december s4 release will b epic

banana fish BROKE ME
i just can't
like i'm having flashbacks rn
banana fish BROKE ME
i just can't
like i'm having flashbacks rn

omg SAME everytime i hear mr loverman or the theme song I deadass start crying...UGH... also i just watched weathering w u and omgggg it was so cute!! i still prefer 'your name' but still impressive shinkai
Hi Everyone,

What year you are in?
and a fact about you!!

Hey,
I'm year 13 doing AQA. I got a 9 in GCSE Biology, have no clue what i want to do when i'm older. Fact about me is... i like writing songs
Original post by stephsmhb
Hey,
I'm year 13 doing AQA. I got a 9 in GCSE Biology, have no clue what i want to do when i'm older. Fact about me is... i like writing songs

Ayeeee another grade 9, welcome :smile:
You can post questions here if you need help with anything etc ❤️
Original post by CaptainDuckie
Year 13
OCR A
Dr - cardio thoracic heart surgeon.

I have an addiction to Apple Juice lol

That is a very concrete and specific job you aim for. I admire people who have such a precise imagination and a clear goal.
Original post by Kallisto
That is a very concrete and specific job you aim for. I admire people who have such a precise imagination and a clear goal.

Thank you :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest