The Student Room Group

Police Now graduate detective 2021 entry?

I'm interested in the Police Now detective programme to start in 2021 as I'm in my final year now

Does anyone know when applications open or if I've missed it, I'm seeing some conflicting info so I'm a bit confused?

Their website says applications open in summer 2021, but I've seen some people on here say they were applying for 2021 entry about 4 months ago! So have I missed it?

Interested in West Mids police specifically, I've looked on their careers site but can't find anything about a detective programme (just a regular officer programme)

Thanks!
Hi, I got an email a while back saying the following

"You expressed your interest in hearing more information about our National Detective Programme and we wanted to let you know that this programme is due to begin in Spring 2022."

So i dont think there is a 2021 intake (the applications for it are likely closed)
Reply 2
Going off the leadership route, I've read they open applications in January to begin August time so it could be the detective programme opens in Summer to begin at the end of year / beginning of 2022 ?! Could also be that they have had to reorganise dates for COVID so it's probably better just to keep an eye on the website for any updates !
Original post by harrietbh12
I'm interested in the Police Now detective programme to start in 2021 as I'm in my final year now

Does anyone know when applications open or if I've missed it, I'm seeing some conflicting info so I'm a bit confused?

Their website says applications open in summer 2021, but I've seen some people on here say they were applying for 2021 entry about 4 months ago! So have I missed it?

Interested in West Mids police specifically, I've looked on their careers site but can't find anything about a detective programme (just a regular officer programme)

Thanks!

The 2021 intake for the detective programme started in January even though we applied in 2020. So if you apply in 2021 you’ll be on the 2022 intake.

It got pushed back to January because of COVID. The Police Now programme will probably be open for applications again either in summer or autumn this year. Hope this helps
Reply 4
Hey, I am just wondering if there are any updates?
As stated above the website says applications open in summer 2021.... so does that mean the course will begin in 2022? And if so, would it be the start of 2022?
Reply 5
Hi all! So I am interested in applying for the Detective Grad scheme too, I've spoken to someone I know from the other scheme that they do from the last cohort. In terms of her timeline of application, offer, pre-work checks etc, if it were similar for the Detective scheme generally, it would mean that it would actually start in about April/May 2022.

Obviously that's not set in stone but it was just a thought I had from someone who's been through it.
Hi all!

I’m also interested in applying. Been wondering about whether to just email them to see if there’s more of an update... been refreshing the page every day and I know it’s not even summer yet! Hahaha

Does anyone know how the Police Now differs from the Direct Hire DC route through a force? Thanks!
Police Now is typically marketed as a graduate entry programme and so the timeline differs. Training usually begins in the summer in about July/August time to allow for final year students to complete their exams/graduation (they make up the majority of the programme). Direct detective programmes are individual to each force area and so have intakes running throughout the year because they are not marketed directly at people coming up towards graduation but attract a greater range of applications from the public - a majority will likely be looking for a career change rather than their first job.
Reply 8
Hi, I’m also trying to get into this Detective Programme. I’ve so far managed to push myself halfway through a level 3 qualification as I’ve just recently turned 18. The other entry requirement was to achieve a degree and I’m doing an apprenticeship right now as it provides me with more experience and I was just wondering if you would know whether or not if I should do a level 5 apprenticeship as it’s equivalent to a degree. Please let me know, thanks. And btw I’m also trying to get into the West Midlands police.
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by .Zed.
Hi, I’m also trying to get into this Detective Programme. I’ve so far managed to push myself halfway through a level 3 qualification as I’ve just recently turned 18. The other entry requirement was to achieve a degree and I’m doing an apprenticeship right now as it provides me with more experience and I was just wondering if you would know whether or not if I should do a level 5 apprenticeship as it’s equivalent to a degree. Please let me know, thanks. And btw I’m also trying to get into the West Midlands police.

Why not just complete the Police degree apprenticeship?
Reply 10
Original post by one_two_three
Why not just complete the Police degree apprenticeship?

Can you please send me the link for the police degree apprenticeship that I can have a look at and contemplate whether to take that route or not. Thank you.
Original post by .Zed.
Can you please send me the link for the police degree apprenticeship that I can have a look at and contemplate whether to take that route or not. Thank you.

Each force will run their own so you need to look on the recruitment site for the force you want to join.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending