The Student Room Group

People laughing at my depression

The teacher asked what we did during the week off, I said I have been depressed all the way though and this girl with her best friend started laughing. It all hurt my feelings and I felt so embarrassed. When I said it, she was saying to her mate don’t laugh and they both ended up laughing. The teacher didn’t do anything about the fact I’m feeling depressed or the fact I’m being laughed at about it. I feel really stupid now and embarrassed.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
The teacher asked what we did during the week off, I said I have been depressed all the way though and this girl with her best friend started laughing. It all hurt my feelings and I felt so embarrassed. When I said it, she was saying to her mate don’t laugh and they both ended up laughing. The teacher didn’t do anything about the fact I’m feeling depressed or the fact I’m being laughed at about it. I feel really stupid now and embarrassed.

See the GP or talk to some of the MH helplines.

Imo get some medication or counselling.
Work out why you are depressed and then a strategy to take of the worst aspects.

I think with depression I would keep it between you and the nurse plus GP and maybe a teacher. Its odd to say in front of the class about your depression. People dont understand or wont be sympathetic hence keep it between you and the adults helping.
Dont share with them as they arent interested wont help wont understand and may make things worse. that is just self survival.

In the meantime dont worry and try to speak to people plus get a plan to help you deal with it.

0800 1111 childline.
https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/conditions/depression/
Samaritans 116 123
http://teenmentalhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Magazine-depression.pdf
Reply 2
Original post by 999tigger
See the GP or talk to some of the MH helplines.

Imo get some medication or counselling.
Work out why you are depressed and then a strategy to take of the worst aspects.

I think with depression I would keep it between you and the nurse plus GP and maybe a teacher. Its odd to say in front of the class about your depression. People dont understand or wont be sympathetic hence keep it between you and the adults helping.
Dont share with them as they arent interested wont help wont understand and may make things worse. that is just self survival.

In the meantime dont worry and try to speak to people plus get a plan to help you deal with it.

0800 1111 childline.
https://youngminds.org.uk/find-help/conditions/depression/
Samaritans 116 123
http://teenmentalhealth.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Magazine-depression.pdf

I’m not seeing anyone ever especially due to what’s happened
Reply 3
I’m not seeing anyone
I’m not seeing anyone

Then you had better start speaking toi people and learning about your depression if you want to make things better.
I would work on managing your depression if I were you. Your class didn’t need to know about your depression especially when you put it like that.
Reply 6
Then you had better start speaking toi people and learning about your depression if you want to make things better.

Well I tried to an look what happens so that’s it now I’m not going to anything about it anymore
Well I tried to an look what happens so that’s it now I’m not going to anything about it anymore

I mean the peoiple I suggested not as part of a class conversation.
Reply 8
Original post by TheStarboy
I would work on managing your depression if I were you. Your class didn’t need to know about your depression especially when you put it like that.

I got asked what I did, I was trying to open up to see if maybe they can help and look what happens. That’s it now I’m not going to anything about it and won’t talk about it to anyone ever unless it’s on this thread
Reply 9
I mean the peoiple I suggested not as part of a class conversation.

No i won’t be talking to them either

Thats a shame but it seems like you dont want any help.
Normally when people are iull they go and get help.
Thats a shame but it seems like you dont want any help.
Normally when people are iull they go and get help.

I’m not ill though

Do you want to help or not?
Original post by TheStarboy
Do you want to help or not?

I do off tsr but not off anyone else and I never did. I’m not weak to the point I have to cry to the doctors
It's a shame. It was a silly thing to do in front of your entire class due to bullies etc. its something you should announce to your teacher in private or whoever you feel most comfortable telling. doesnt have to be your friends.

look up though, you have a lot of stuff to look forward to other than class clowns
Reply 15
I do off tsr but not off anyone else and I never did. I’m not weak to the point I have to cry to the doctors

Reaching out is not weak, what a nonsensical thing to say.
If you really do think you're depressed, you should speak to someone.
I don’t have depression, I shouldn’t have put that it’s so embarrassing people are going to think I’m depressed but I’m not I promise I am not, I’m normal I only put depression just so people reply to me. I just was going through a bad week during half term
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Reaching out is not weak, what a nonsensical thing to say.
If you really do think you're depressed, you should speak to someone.

Yes it is weak. I shouldn’t have put that I’m depressed, I’m not depressed, I think I was just having a bad week which I think is fine because most people just have that
I don’t have depression, I shouldn’t have put that it’s so embarrassing people are going to think I’m depressed but I’m not I promise I am not, I’m normal I only put depression just so people reply to me. I just was going through a bad week during half term

so youre mainly upset that people were laughing at you in class, fair enough. why dont you bring it up with the teacher? its still a low move to make from fellow peers since you brought up how you were feeling bad due to the past week.
Yes it is weak. I shouldn’t have put that I’m depressed, I’m not depressed, I think I was just having a bad week which I think is fine because most people just have that

Calling depressed people "weak" isn't a good look

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending