The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Official LSE Postgraduate Applicants 2021 Thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alex1498
- Current University: University of Florida (top 30 in the US)
- Current Course: BSc in advertising
- Achieved (Expected) Grade: 3.91/4.0
- Prospective Course: MSc social and public comm.
- Other Universities you’re applying to: haven't decided yet.

Just submitted my application today. Fingers crossed

Oh woah! This is my second choice!
Have you received any news?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Original post by Vonnie012
Hello! I just received an email that I've been placed on the waiting list.

"Our programme selectors have given initial consideration to your application for but unfortunately they are not yet able to reach a final decision and wish to reconsider your application in a few weeks' time. Your application has therefore been added to the programme waiting list"

Does anyone know what the chances are for someone to be on the waiting list? Have I been subtly rejected haha.

My application has been forwarded to my Second Choice for consideration in the meantime though.

When had you submitted the application? And for what course?
Original post by manas.v
When had you submitted the application? And for what course?

My application was "processed" on 30 Oct so it has been a week. This is for MSc Politics and Comms.
Reply 43
My application was "processed" on 30 Oct so it has been a week. This is for MSc Politics and Comms.

Wow that was quick. Mine was processed on around 11th Oct. No response after that.
Oh woah! This is my second choice!
Have you received any news?

I haven't. Still "currently under consideration by the department." Keep us posted about your second choice if possible. Thanks
Original post by Guest_aj
OH!
I asked because my transcript has moved to the bottom and the university name has also disappeared, it only says copy received - which is consistent with the transcript drop theory.
Do let me know if any of you are in the same situation or have received an offer letter yet!

Thanks

Whoa! Seems like a good sign. May I ask what program did you apply for?
Reply 46

Hello! I just received an email that I've been placed on the waiting list.

"Our programme selectors have given initial consideration to your application for but unfortunately they are not yet able to reach a final decision and wish to reconsider your application in a few weeks' time. Your application has therefore been added to the programme waiting list"

Does anyone know what the chances are for someone to be on the waiting list? Have I been subtly rejected haha.

My application has been forwarded to my Second Choice for consideration in the meantime though.

It's definitely not a subtle rejection. I think that at this stage of the application process (with it being early November), they waitlist candidates when they like their application but want to have a better picture of how you compare to this year's pool of applicants. I'd say it's a good sign at this stage!

I applied for MSc MISDI
Reply 48
Hello everyone, as a non-british applicant I'm wondering whether or not to include a photo of yourself in your CV, since it is a common thing here in Germany but I don't know about the UK and the information I found about the issue appeared to be rather vague.
So, should I include a photo, or did any you do so?
Hopefully someone knows a little more than I do, and can help me out
Thanks in advance, cheers
Reply 49
Original post by WYSIATI
Hello everyone, as a non-british applicant I'm wondering whether or not to include a photo of yourself in your CV, since it is a common thing here in Germany but I don't know about the UK and the information I found about the issue appeared to be rather vague.
So, should I include a photo, or did any you do so?
Hopefully someone knows a little more than I do, and can help me out
Thanks in advance, cheers

All of the UK relevant information I've found online seems to suggest that you shouldn't include a photo of yourself in your CV. I personally didn't include one and I'm sure that had no bearing whatsoever on my application/offer.

Edit: I think it may be important to add that all the sources I've read online strongly recommend AGAINST adding a picture to your CV in the UK because strict anti-discrimination laws require companies to demonstrate that their hiring processes are fair and free of biases. I'm not sure how relevant that is to university applications/offers. I'm also an international applicant though, so maybe a British applicant would be able to give you more useful advice!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 50
Original post by AT2310
All of the UK relevant information I've found online seems to suggest that you shouldn't include a photo of yourself in your CV. I personally didn't include one and I'm sure that had no bearing whatsoever on my application/offer.

Edit: I think it may be important to add that all the sources I've read online strongly recommend AGAINST adding a picture to your CV in the UK because strict anti-discrimination laws require companies to demonstrate that their hiring processes are fair and free of biases. I'm not sure how relevant that is to university applications/offers. I'm also an international applicant though, so maybe a British applicant would be able to give you more useful advice!

A photo isn’t needed in your CV. Universities are pretty similar in that they just want to judge based on academic ability and any professional experience.
Anyone else reinstating their application / offer from last year?
Did anyone apply for the LLM-programme and received an offer or was rejected yet? Or did anyone‘s transcripts drop?
Reply 53
Hi All,

Does anyone know if we can defer an offer from the year 2021/2022 to 2022/2023 ?
From what I understood applicants for 2020/2021 could only reinstate and not defer for 2021/2022 and I’m wondering if this still applies. I haven’t found anything online.

Thanks a lot for your help and good luck with your application :smile:
Reply 54
Hey there, another question:
I want to apply for behavioural science and in the "assessing your application" section, under academic achievement they also lost predicted grades. Does anyone know what exactly that means?
My university sadly does not provide documents predicting ones grades
Reply 55
Original post by Joe75
Hi All,

Does anyone know if we can defer an offer from the year 2021/2022 to 2022/2023 ?
From what I understood applicants for 2020/2021 could only reinstate and not defer for 2021/2022 and I’m wondering if this still applies. I haven’t found anything online.

Thanks a lot for your help and good luck with your application :smile:

Hi!

Under normal circumstances, you have to request a deferral through LSE's "How Do I" page for offer holders, which is then reviewed by the department and is either granted or isn't. I deferred my 2020/21 offer to 2021/22 back in March; now I'm just waiting for next steps. They decided to stop deferring offers in late April, but mentioned that they would honour deferrals granted before that change in policy.

I'm not sure if this is a permanent change in policy or if they will bring back the option to defer offers. Check the "How Do I" page for offer holders; you should be able to find out there.
Reply 56
Original post by AT2310
Hi!

Under normal circumstances, you have to request a deferral through LSE's "How Do I" page for offer holders, which is then reviewed by the department and is either granted or isn't. I deferred my 2020/21 offer to 2021/22 back in March; now I'm just waiting for next steps. They decided to stop deferring offers in late April, but mentioned that they would honour deferrals granted before that change in policy.

I'm not sure if this is a permanent change in policy or if they will bring back the option to defer offers. Check the "How Do I" page for offer holders; you should be able to find out there.

That’s great thanks a lot for your help :smile:
Original post by Diplomatic
Good luck everyone - went through the application process last year and now studying the MSc Applied Social Data Science programme. If anyone has any q's about the general process then happy to help!

Hi there! I'm somewhere between a 2.1 and 2.2 for my undergrad degree from a Centre of Excellence, with 4+ years of impressive relevant experience. Do you know anyone who has applied with similar marks and has gotten an offer?
Original post by aspiring92
Hi there! I'm somewhere between a 2.1 and 2.2 for my undergrad degree from a Centre of Excellence, with 4+ years of impressive relevant experience. Do you know anyone who has applied with similar marks and has gotten an offer?

At the LSE generally? I don't think anyone (unless through exceptional circumstances) has a 2:2 since it's an entry requirement. If you have a low 2:1 + relevant experience I'd say go for it! Definitely seen people with Firsts be rejected over those with 2:1s who are better fits for the programmes (which relevant experience contributes to).
Hi! Has anyone been put on the waiting list recently? My application was processed on 11/10, and on 11/13, I was informed that I am currently on the waiting list of my programme... Don't know if it's a good sign or not, since it took only 3 days for the consideration, I thought it would have taken longer...

Quick Reply