The Student Room Group

Can I make dua for good results

Muslim tsr help a brother I did My exams and alhamdulilah they went pretty good apart from some minor mistakes I made which I realised after the exam... and I prayed and prayed to Allah the day before and made fua that the exams went good. Can I pray for good results and please make a fua for me

Moderation note: We do not tolerate any insulting posts. Please do not debate religion in this thread, please post in the religion forum in the Debate and Current Affairs section to debate. Keep posts on topic and within the website rules, which you agreed to when you created your account.

If you have any moderation queries, please post in Ask the Community Staff section - do not post it in here or on the public forum, if you do this will be removed and carded.

Please keep posts constructive. If users continue to break the rules, this thread will be closed permanently and cards will be issued.

Thank you.
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

No it's important to be pragmatic in these sorts of situations. The result of your exam will not be determined by your duas. Unfortunately.
Original post by Delevante
No it's important to be pragmatic in these sorts of situations. The result of your exam will not be determined by your duas. Unfortunately.

Absolute nonsense! Nothing is impossible for Allah, dua is so powerful!! Of course make dua asking about for the best results, make dua after every salah and times when dua is most accepted is during the final third of the night (tahhajud). Never underestimate the power of dua brother. if you don't believe me hear it from the the most gracious himself:

“And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me—indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of every supplicant when he calls upon Me […] (Qur’an 2:186)

A specific dua I have personally used as a student is:

Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja’altahu sahla, wa ‘anta taj-alul hazna idha shi’ta sahla

O Allah! There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will.

One thing to remember is to always tie the camels knot.
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by gcse20212004
Muslim tsr help a brother I did My exams and alhamdulilah they went pretty good apart from some minor mistakes I made which I realised after the exam... and I prayed and prayed to Allah the day before and made fua that the exams went good. Can I pray for good results and please make a fua for me

As long as you put the work in as well as making duas then you're all good to be honest - because you can't just 'expect' things from Allah without putting in the effort as well you know? And as someone else said, duas are very powerful - I did the same thing as you before my GCSE results came and I ended up getting really good results, especially considering I flopped my mocks (due to some problems I was having at the time) - have you had your results yet then or not? If not, when are you getting them? Also I'll make dua for you as well x
Reply 4
Doing well in exams is all about working hard, taking care of yourself, and trusting in your ability to show what you can do. As an atheist, for me this mindset comes from convincing myself I know the content, and knowing I have done all I can do without doing harm to myself. For you, the extra support from your faith may be exactly what you need to thrive, and making dua is a way for you to request this and connect with your religion, so it very well may benefit you in terms of grades :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by Interea
Doing well in exams is all about working hard, taking care of yourself, and trusting in your ability to show what you can do. As an atheist, for me this mindset comes from convincing myself I know the content, and knowing I have done all I can do without doing harm to myself. For you, the extra support from your faith may be exactly what you need to thrive, and making dua is a way for you to request this and connect with your religion, so it very well may benefit you in terms of grades :smile:

Now this is a well said reply. I hope that user can see this as a way for someone to explain their point of view without offending others
You can make dua but it's best to also revise, don't expect a* by putting 0 effort and you'll be fine
Original post by Nadim Chowdhury
You can make dua but it's best to also revise, don't expect a* by putting 0 effort and you'll be fine

whats dua
Original post by vix.xvi
whats dua

a prayer us muslim do
F

Original post by vix.xvi
whats dua

It's things you can ask god for, such as grades in the op case. It's in Islam, basically it's a prayer.
Original post by The Real Me
a prayer us muslim do

Original post by Nadim Chowdhury
F

It's things you can ask god for, such as grades in the op case. It's in Islam, basically it's a prayer.

ahhh ok cool

You can make a dua if you want. However, this does not guarantee good results. You have written your paper. It is done now. God isn’t going to change your answers, regardless of his power.
(edited 3 years ago)
If Allah is all powerful and knows best, how is a prayer going to make him realise that the best thing would be for him to change his mind and give you better results than originally planned?
Original post by 5hyl33n
You can make a dua if you want. However, this does not guarantee good results. You have written your paper. It is done now. God isn’t going to change your answers, regardless of his power.

Original post by Compost
If Allah is all powerful and knows best, how is a prayer going to make him realise that the best thing would be for him to change his mind and give you better results than originally planned?

Allah may not change his results, but Allah can chnage the future which may have been affected by these resuts. However, when you make dua 3 things happen:

Allah will give you an immediate answer.
Allah will delay the answer.
Allah will give you something EVEN BETTER
Original post by CaptainBoy123
Allah may not change his results, but Allah can chnage the future which may have been affected by these resuts. However, when you make dua 3 things happen:

That didn't answer my question. Why is your idea of what you want to happen better than the one Allah is planning? Praying for something just makes no sense if you believe in an omniscient god.

Some people do believe in that.

However, that wasn't OP's question. I do believe OP is a being a bit delusional.

I'll pray for you!
And of course you can pray for good results but it's also important to put in the effort too. I'm sure you will be fine InshaAllah!
Thread cleaned up and reopened. We do not tolerate any insulting posts. Please do not debate religion in this thread, please post in the religion forum in the Debate and Current Affairs section to debate. Keep posts on topic and within the website rules, which you agreed to when you created your account.

If you have any moderation queries, please post in Ask the Community Staff section - do not post it in here or on the public forum, if you do this will be removed and carded.

Please keep posts constructive. If users continue to break the rules, this thread will be closed permanently and cards will be issued.

Thank you.
Okay so we're not actually allowed to debate on here, whoops didn't know that before, sorry about that x
Absolute nonsense! Nothing is impossible for Allah, dua is so powerful!! Of course make dua asking about for the best results, make dua after every salah and times when dua is most accepted is during the final third of the night (tahhajud). Never underestimate the power of dua brother. if you don't believe me hear it from the the most gracious himself:

“And when My servants ask you, [O Muhammad], concerning Me—indeed I am near. I respond to the invocation of every supplicant when he calls upon Me […] (Qur’an 2:186)

A specific dua I have personally used as a student is:

Allahumma la sahla illa ma ja’altahu sahla, wa ‘anta taj-alul hazna idha shi’ta sahla

O Allah! There is nothing easy except what You make easy, and You make the difficult easy if it be Your Will.

اللهُمَّ لا سَهْلَ إلا مَا جَعَلتَهُ سَهْلا وَ أنتَ تَجْعَلُ الحزْنَ إذا شِئْتَ سَهْلا

One thing to remember is to always tie the camels knot.

Yes but you can't just depend on your duas to do all the work you have to put in the work yourself and practice

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending