The Student Room Group

Weightloss.. 6 stone in 7 months

~Hey,Over the past 10 months ( 1 month before lockdown ) i started putting puppy fat on until i got to the weight i am 5 stone heavier than i was last year. Lockdown hasn't helped at all ! Wondering if anyone has any tips, I'm looking into the Dukan diet and have completely cut snacks out.Current meals are:Breakfast - 2 slices of toastLunch - Tin of tuna and mayoDinner - Meal eith Veg and Carbs Drinks - Water throughout the day.Gyms are obviously closed so i've started walking everyday.Does anyone have any tricks or hacks. I put cinnamon in my coffee because it helps weight loss.People are welcome to jump on this thread and join the weight loss journey with me :smile:
Reply 1
That is a shocking diet and isn't going to give you the nutrients you need. You need balanced meals throughout the day, and if you eat those as part of a properly calculated calorie deficit (look online) and not virtually stop eating, you will lose weight heathily.

However, how much weight do you genuinely need to lose, ie have you checked your BMI?
A sensible rate of weight loss is 1-2lbs a week, so losing 6 stone in 7 months isn't a realistic target anyway.
That’s...not possible maybe 3 pounds but definitely not stones.
Original post by Icouldntthink
~Hey,Over the past 10 months ( 1 month before lockdown ) i started putting puppy fat on until i got to the weight i am 5 stone heavier than i was last year. Lockdown hasn't helped at all ! Wondering if anyone has any tips, I'm looking into the Dukan diet and have completely cut snacks out.Current meals are:Breakfast - 2 slices of toastLunch - Tin of tuna and mayoDinner - Meal eith Veg and Carbs Drinks - Water throughout the day.Gyms are obviously closed so i've started walking everyday.Does anyone have any tricks or hacks. I put cinnamon in my coffee because it helps weight loss.People are welcome to jump on this thread and join the weight loss journey with me :smile:

a better breakfast would involve fruit, wholegrains, maybe yogurt. Toast is not great nutritionally
Fruit snacks would be fine to have.
Water is good
Tuna and mayo for lunch? Tuna in spring water is fine but mayo is high fat. A tuna salad would work or tuna in a jacket potato with a side salad, even a tuna wholemeal sandwich (no mayo, maybe gherkins/capers to give it a zing, maybe a yogurt based dressing, plus salad)
Dinner - a lean meat or some fish with lots of veg and a small carb (baked sweet potato, brown rice, wholewheat couscous).

If you go too extreme you won't stick to it.
Cinnamon does not cause a significant increase in energy expenditure.
Original post by ReadingMum
a better breakfast would involve fruit, wholegrains, maybe yogurt. Toast is not great nutritionally
Fruit snacks would be fine to have.
Water is good
Tuna and mayo for lunch? Tuna in spring water is fine but mayo is high fat. A tuna salad would work or tuna in a jacket potato with a side salad, even a tuna wholemeal sandwich (no mayo, maybe gherkins/capers to give it a zing, maybe a yogurt based dressing, plus salad)
Dinner - a lean meat or some fish with lots of veg and a small carb (baked sweet potato, brown rice, wholewheat couscous).

If you go too extreme you won't stick to it.

Thankyou for this ! I’m only going of internet facts ( never true haha ) I’ll start supplementing jacket potato’s in with the tuna and have an apple for breakfast ?
Reply 6
Thankyou for this ! I’m only going of internet facts ( never true haha ) I’ll start supplementing jacket potato’s in with the tuna and have an apple for breakfast ?

Breakfast: wholegrain cereal or porridge with fruit in it. Or have eggs, with mushrooms, tomatoes, spinach, for a veg helping instead of fruit.

Lunch: add a side salad with the jacket potato, have brown rice or pasta in a salad or have wholemeal wraps or rolls with protein and salad.
Reply 7
There is no diet or special plan that you can do.

You just need to adjust your lifestyle and create a sustainable diet.

I recommend a healthy breakfast (something like oats with some fruit)

Then a healthy lunch, maybe some form of wrap or salad combined with a source of protein.

Then a good dinner, carbs mixed with protein, ideally home cooked.

You should not drink any fizzy drinks, try drink water instead, avoid snacking but eating fruit is ok. And of course, try implement exercise such as walking and any other activity.
There’s no such thing as a trick or hack. You can’t hack your biology or thermodynamics. Cinnamon doesn’t cause weight loss.
Original post by zKlown
There is no diet or special plan that you can do.

You just need to adjust your lifestyle and create a sustainable diet.

I recommend a healthy breakfast (something like oats with some fruit)

Then a healthy lunch, maybe some form of wrap or salad combined with a source of protein.

Then a good dinner, carbs mixed with protein, ideally home cooked.

You should not drink any fizzy drinks, try drink water instead, avoid snacking but eating fruit is ok. And of course, try implement exercise such as walking and any other activity.

Thank you ! I’ve started supplementing the typical snack with fruits and if I get hungry through out the day I have water to see if it helps ( don’t starve myself etc.. ) Thankyou for the feedback I will definitely take it on x
Reply 10
Thank you ! I’ve started supplementing the typical snack with fruits and if I get hungry through out the day I have water to see if it helps ( don’t starve myself etc.. ) Thankyou for the feedback I will definitely take it on x

On a healthy diet you won't get hungry as you'll have enough of the right food groups to to fill you up.

Yes, people can mistake thirst for hunger, but in your case make sure you are having proper meals and don't substitute water for needing nutrition.
Reply 11
Why 6 stones in 7 months? Thats very specific.
As another poster said, 1-2lbs a week is considered reasonable.

OP, it concerns me that you're only replying to posts that go along with what you want to hear.
Reply 12
Original post by LovelyMrFox
Why 6 stones in 7 months? Thats very specific.
As another poster said, 1-2lbs a week is considered reasonable.

OP, it concerns me that you're only replying to posts that go along with what you want to hear.

This is a good point, I was just giving weight loss advice in general.

You need to create a lifestyle you can sustain for 7 months without falling off. 6 stone is a lot in 7 months and in my opinion, don't get too hung up on what the scales say (unless it's a medical issue or something where you need to be a certain weight).

If it's purely to look or feel a certain way, just listen to your body and if it's appearance, judge by the mirror.
Hello,

I've just read my post back and had a bit of a giggle out how naive I sound.

The main reason I wanted to lose it in 7 months is due to me going on a hot holiday in July this year.
Now after a few months ive lost weight starting at 3 pounds a week to 2 pounds now and i sometimes plato which is to be expected.
I've lost 2 Stone since November and by the end of this year want to be at the healthy weight of 11-12 stone ( im 5'9 in height btw )

So I realise me cutting off all luxuries was a very small stupid decision due to it making me want it more. It is all about monitoring and portion sizes. I'm not giving myself a goal to lose weight just for a holiday but rather to become a fitter, healthier person :smile:.

Thanks to everyone that responded or was concerned. Im alot happier and healthier now. Still have a long way to go but im doing it as a lifestyle change not a quick fix.
Hello,

I've just read my post back and had a bit of a giggle out how naive I sound.

The main reason I wanted to lose it in 7 months is due to me going on a hot holiday in July this year.
Now after a few months ive lost weight starting at 3 pounds a week to 2 pounds now and i sometimes plato which is to be expected.
I've lost 2 Stone since November and by the end of this year want to be at the healthy weight of 11-12 stone ( im 5'9 in height btw )

So I realise me cutting off all luxuries was a very small stupid decision due to it making me want it more. It is all about monitoring and portion sizes. I'm not giving myself a goal to lose weight just for a holiday but rather to become a fitter, healthier person :smile:.

Thanks to everyone that responded or was concerned. Im alot happier and healthier now. Still have a long way to go but im doing it as a lifestyle change not a quick fix.

Happy For you!!
Hey, I started at the start of March and I've already lost a stone on dukan. Hope your journey is going well x

Quick Reply

Latest