The Student Room Group

What subject is easiest for GCSE and would you recommend me take?

Hi! I'm a student in Year 10 and I have decided to drop Spanish, as it is stressing me out, majorly!

I take these GCSE subjects:

-Mathematics
-Further Mathematics
-English Language
-English Literature
-Religious Studies
-History
--Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Design and Technology

And Spanish before drop...

What GCSE subject would you recommend me to take instead?

Preferably a really easy subject as I, hopefully, want to try and achieve all grade 9's for my GCSE.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The easiest subjects are probably Media Studies or Travel and Tourism, but easiest isn’t always a good thing, as those 2 subjects are generally very useless unless you definitely know what you want to do.
Business studies GCSE
Original post by dylgeo
The easiest subjects are probably Media Studies or Travel and Tourism, but easiest isn’t always a good thing, as those 2 subjects are generally very useless unless you definitely know what you want to do.

Thanks for the help, honestly I have no idea about Travel and tourism and I am not interested in Media studies. I am thinking about taking maybe statistics or business studies...
Original post by HMajid198
Business studies GCSE

Thanks for the help! I was thinking about maybe taking this or statistics...
Reply 5
Original post by TahrianAhmed
Thanks for the help, honestly I have no idea about Travel and tourism and I am not interested in Media studies. I am thinking about taking maybe statistics or business studies...

Business is a good GCSE, but I’d advise swapping it for Economics at A-Level.
Original post by dylgeo

I have no interest for business at GCSE, as I hope to do medicine in the future!
Original post by dylgeo

I have no interest for business at A Levels, as I hope to do medicine in the future!
Reply 8
I have no interest for business at A Levels, as I hope to do medicine in the future!

Take it as your replacement for Spanish right now, then disregard it for A-Levels.
Original post by dylgeo
Take it as your replacement for Spanish right now, then disregard it for A-Levels.

Thanks for the advice!
Do you need to take another? 10 is plenty.

Statistics is very easy if you're confident with Maths
I think you should take one Language at GCSE, even if not Spanish.
Gcse Statistics.
Nearly all of its content is shared with GCSE Maths.
Low grade boundaries.
Lots of essay type questions.

I only studied GCSE stats for 3 months, came out with a 7.
Original post by barnetlad
I think you should take one Language at GCSE, even if not Spanish.

I am getting grade 7 and I really want a 9. Getting grade 7 is taking 5hrs of my day!
Original post by Wotda****
Gcse Statistics.
Nearly all of its content is shared with GCSE Maths.
Low grade boundaries.
Lots of essay type questions.

I only studied GCSE stats for 3 months, came out with a 7.

Well done, I am leaning towards this mostly!
No

but I am already doing really well in my studies, as we start GCSE in year 7 now, and my school want me to take extra as I am already getting 9's in every subject except Spanish!
Hi! I'm a student in Year 10 and I have decided to drop Spanish, as it is stressing me out, majorly!

I take these GCSE subjects:

-Mathematics
-Further Mathematics
-English Language
-English Literature
-Religious Studies
-History
--Biology
-Chemistry
-Physics
-Design and Technology

And Spanish before drop...

What GCSE subject would you recommend me to take instead?

Preferably a really easy subject as I, hopefully, want to try and achieve all grade 9's for my GCSE.

How about:
Geography
Sociology
Business studies
I will comment that besides personal satisfaction there is no need to get all 9s. Even the very best universities never demand anything close to all 9s. I'd advise focusing more on doing well in 10 subjects or so.
I'd do a language like the previous post has said. I don't know much about 'easy' subjects since it's subjective (no pun intended :colone:) but I have heard that health and social care and Citizenship studies is fairly easy.
I have no interest for business at GCSE, as I hope to do medicine in the future!

Even if you plan is to do medicine at uni, some medical school still have a general entry requirement that require you to have at least a grade 5 at GCSE in a modert foreign language such as French, German, Spanish & Italian etc.

Quick Reply

Latest