The Student Room Group

Official Hong Kong University 2021 applicant thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
I actually finished my A levels few months ago, i achieved 4A* and I'm applying to Medicine.

I think they are interviewing the most competitive applicants first
What courses/Universities are you applying for?
Medicine at CUHK

What subjects are you studying now?
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Further Maths - 5A* predictions
What courses/Universities are you applying for?
Medicine at CUHK

What subjects are you studying now?
Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Further Maths - 5A* predictions

Amazing. A few from the class at my school the year above went into medicine too, HKU I think maybe also CUHK, but they only had 4A*, and they were the center assessed grades from last June. You have a very solid chance
Original post by *****deadness
Amazing. A few from the class at my school the year above went into medicine too, HKU I think maybe also CUHK, but they only had 4A*, and they were the center assessed grades from last June. You have a very solid chance

ahahaha thank you :smile: do you know whether the conditional offer includes something similar to a UMS score or not - because on their website they said it requires a UMS of 97% or above or something similar to that. Also, I'm also considering other UK unis so i guess cuhk is my second choice (?)
ahahaha thank you :smile: do you know whether the conditional offer includes something similar to a UMS score or not - because on their website they said it requires a UMS of 97% or above or something similar to that. Also, I'm also considering other UK unis so i guess cuhk is my second choice (?)

No idea, but I did hear 95% UMS is a good target. 97% is insane but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they changed it to that

Nice, but are you considering coming back to HK for career ?
If yes, you might want to consider CUHK more closely, bc that HK licensing test ...
Original post by *****deadness
No idea, but I did hear 95% UMS is a good target. 97% is insane but I wouldn’t be too surprised if they changed it to that

it might be 95% - but i'm aiming for GPS, which i'm pretty sure is 97%
Original post by avengingwinter
Nice, but are you considering coming back to HK for career ?
If yes, you might want to consider CUHK more closely, bc that HK licensing test ...

tbh i'm still not too sure yet - i don't mind working in either HK or UK, but i think there would be more opportunities for research in the UK, which I'm really interested in.
Reply 28
Original post by hairbear190
Hey I received it as well, is it programme based or is this some first round interview where this determines whether we are eligible for the second interview which is program based? I’m really not sure

I have mine on the 13th, how about you?
Original post by 8013
I have mine on the 13th, how about you?

Same
Reply 30
Same

Is it in the afternoon at 4:30? I may be able to see your face XD
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by 8013
Is it in the afternoon at 4:30? I may be able to see your face

Mine on 13th 330, do you think this interview is important?
Anyone of you doing further maths could help me on further maths? I am self studying further maths and really struggle
Reply 33
Mine on 13th 330, do you think this interview is important?

I think they want a clearer picture of how a person may adapt to university.
I am just after you.
Reply 34
Same

How did yours go? Mine went really well. I made a really big contribution by inviting a person who was very passive in the discussion to express his opinion.
Original post by 8013
How did yours go? Mine went really well. I made a really big contribution by inviting a person who was very passive in the discussion to express his opinion.

Mine went well. I was initially challenged but I redeemed myself by covering other points which he didn’t challenge. The guy who challenged me tho was applying to LLB Law and MBBS how tf does that work
Mine went well. I was initially challenged but I redeemed myself by covering other points which he didn’t challenge. The guy who challenged me tho was applying to LLB Law and MBBS how tf does that work

hi, I think I might know that guy - if you know his name
I have a friend who fits your description, he doesn't give a damn abt his law app
hi, I think I might know that guy - if you know his name
I have a friend who fits your description, he doesn't give a damn abt his law app

The guy is called Jonathan Cheung, smart guy.
The guy is called Jonathan Cheung, smart guy.

JKHASFJALKHAFHkfAHFl JC HES MY FRIEND !! WE WERE JUST TALKING ABT IT THIS MORNING
he doesn't give a damn abt law dw
JKHASFJALKHAFHkfAHFl JC HES MY FRIEND !! WE WERE JUST TALKING ABT IT THIS MORNING
he doesn't give a damn abt law dw

Yo which school does he go to

Quick Reply