The Student Room Group

Virgin Media/Liberty Global 2021 Graduate Scheme

I hadn't seen a thread for this scheme been made already so I thought I would make one. Who else has applied? And which specific scheme have you applied to? I applied to Commercial, Marketing and Product, just waiting to hear back from the video interview!

Scroll to see replies

Hey! I got through to the video Interview too, but I applied for the Finance Role. How did you find the long answer question and video interview? Also does it go straight from the long answer to the video interview or can we do it separately?
Reply 2
Original post by riza1998m
Hey! I got through to the video Interview too, but I applied for the Finance Role. How did you find the long answer question and video interview? Also does it go straight from the long answer to the video interview or can we do it separately?

Hi, the long answer question wasn't too bad. It asked mainly what your motivations are for applying and why you want to work for them and it was untimed so you can think about it. The video interview and the question are separate so you can do them at different times, I can't really remember specific questions from the interview but it was mainly scenarios, like "what would you do in this situation if your team member did this" kind of thing. I think both went okay, like I got my feedback and it looks good but there is no actual outcome for it yet. Let me know how you get on!
Original post by edb971
Hi, the long answer question wasn't too bad. It asked mainly what your motivations are for applying and why you want to work for them and it was untimed so you can think about it. The video interview and the question are separate so you can do them at different times, I can't really remember specific questions from the interview but it was mainly scenarios, like "what would you do in this situation if your team member did this" kind of thing. I think both went okay, like I got my feedback and it looks good but there is no actual outcome for it yet. Let me know how you get on!

Oooh okay thank you! The classic video interview questions then. Well done for doing it! I hope the outcome is good for you. I'm planning on doing mine on Tuesday :smile:
Reply 4
Anyone applied and heard anything from the sales scheme?
Reply 5
Oooh okay thank you! The classic video interview questions then. Well done for doing it! I hope the outcome is good for you. I'm planning on doing mine on Tuesday :smile:

Hey! Good luck for your video interview on Tuesday! Please could you let us know what the questions were like when you’ve completed it? Thanks :smile:
Original post by eitak21
Hey! Good luck for your video interview on Tuesday! Please could you let us know what the questions were like when you’ve completed it? Thanks :smile:

Thank you! I just completed it, total of 5 questions mostly situation based so they say a situation and how you would respond to it. Such as bad reviews about your work. Good luck! They give you 2 mins to think about your answer though which is very helpful :smile:
Reply 7
Thank you! I just completed it, total of 5 questions mostly situation based so they say a situation and how you would respond to it. Such as bad reviews about your work. Good luck! They give you 2 mins to think about your answer though which is very helpful :smile:

Well done! Was it quite difficult? Were there questions asking for really specific examples?
Original post by eitak21
Well done! Was it quite difficult? Were there questions asking for really specific examples?

I think video interviews are a bit tough because you never know what they can come out with, luckily they give you 2 minutes to think of your reply. I got my review back and I think they really want you to be thorough with your answers which I may not have done enough of :frown: and examples always help!
Hiii has anyone heard back from their Commercial, Product and Marketing video interview? I did mine over a week ago and since then they've uploaded my feedback and that's all. Just wondering because under recruitment timelines it says ACs take place wc 9/11/20 lol :/
Heyy

What sort of feedback did you guys receive for your video interviews? and has anyone heard back yet for the AC?
Feedback seemed like it was just a bot generating it, not very specific. Just received an email inviting me for AC.
Original post by e_tsr123
Feedback seemed like it was just a bot generating it, not very specific. Just received an email inviting me for AC.

Oh my god congratulations!! When is the AC?

My feedback doesn't seem that great so I feel maybe I wont make it :frown:
Thought I wasn't going to get through because of the feedback, so was really shocked that I got it! I wouldn't worry. AC is next week. Good luck!!!!
Thought I wasn't going to get through because of the feedback, so was really shocked that I got it! I wouldn't worry. AC is next week. Good luck!!!!

Thank you :smile: Wishing you all the best with it

I called them early morning and they said they will let me know by the end of next week or so as assessment centres will run from 30th November to 2nd December
What scheme did you apply for?
Thank you!! Oh I wouldn't worry then! I applied for the tech scheme

Omg congratulations and good luck!
I've applied for the business scheme and just been put through to the situational judgement! was this pretty easy?
Reply 18
Original post by trusstmedaddy
Hiii has anyone heard back from their Commercial, Product and Marketing video interview? I did mine over a week ago and since then they've uploaded my feedback and that's all. Just wondering because under recruitment timelines it says ACs take place wc 9/11/20 lol :/

I've applied for the same scheme as you and also just had the feedback from the interview. Hopefully we hear something this week!
Any tips for the SJT? I always feel like I know (most of the time, some are v similar!) which is most/least effective but seem to be failing them? I read its best to;
1- think for yourself
2- ask colleagues
3- go to management only as final resort?

Quick Reply

Latest