The Student Room Group

Civil Service Fast Stream SDIP 2020/2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Those who have gotten through to interviews, what are you doing for interview prep?
Reply 21
Original post by MvcLaw
Those who have gotten through to interviews, what are you doing for interview prep?

Probably I'll do some mock interviews using star. Star technique is difficult haha. I can never think of examples on things I've done. I'm so forgetful. I write down some things I can talk about.
Anyone still not heard back? I’m starting to worry now it’s almost been two weeks :frown:
Literally same! Might have to email them to chase up I think :frown:
I emailed them about a few days ago and they said we should know by mid November because they’re still setting a pass mark but I don’t understand if some people know if they’ve passed etc etc
Original post by Jess_1230
I emailed them about a few days ago and they said we should know by mid November because they’re still setting a pass mark but I don’t understand if some people know if they’ve passed etc etc

Yeah, you’re right, it’s a bit odd to be fair
Reply 26
Next week. I'll probably just write some notes. I've been a bit unwell so haven't prepared
Reply 27
Definitely do that, that's what they're looking for. They want people who have behaviours that align with theirs.
How was your interview and what questions did they ask?
Reply 29
As much as I’d like to give a full list of questions, I don’t think it’s fair that a few of us were the first and didn’t have that advantage
Original post by MvcLaw
As much as I’d like to give a full list of questions, I don’t think it’s fair that a few of us were the first and didn’t have that advantage

No problem I absolutely understand. I did not received a call during my scheduled interview time. Did anyone e lil se experienced the same?. Although I have sent an email about this but did not heard anything back.
Reply 31
I didn’t have that issue, I got a call at the time they stated. Hopefully they respond to your email to reschedule.
Reply 32
Original post by MvcLaw

I agree with this. It's not fair that people who have an interview later have an advantage. I knew people who would have given me all the questions but I didn't ask. If I don't get an offer then it's on me to improve. Having the questions beforehand wouldn't have helped, they don't want you to be prepared or to read from a script. Use the information they sent in the email and hope for the best.
Reply 33
Original post by Plain1
I agree with this. It's not fair that people who have an interview later have an advantage. I knew people who would have given me all the questions but I didn't ask. If I don't get an offer then it's on me to improve. Having the questions beforehand wouldn't have helped, they don't want you to be prepared or to read from a script. Use the information they sent in the email and hope for the best.

Agreed, I had my interview yesterday. Good luck everyone, hope we all do enough to be a part of next year’s cohort.
Original post by Aspiringstar
No problem I absolutely understand. I did not received a call during my scheduled interview time. Did anyone e lil se experienced the same?. Although I have sent an email about this but did not heard anything back.

The same thing happened to me today; interview was scheduled for this morning and no phone call. Have you had a response to your email yet?
Reply 35
Can I just start by saying how disgusted I am by some of the behaviour of people on this thread? I’ve had people message me, asking for interview questions and people PRETENDING to have had their interviews, to make me discuss questions with them.

This behaviour is unacceptable, and is cheating. I will be emailing SDIP recruitment about this, it is truly an insult to the scheme that focuses on equality and diversity for people to cheat so unfairly.
Reply 36
Original post by MvcLaw
Can I just start by saying how disgusted I am by some of the behaviour of people on this thread? I’ve had people message me, asking for interview questions and people PRETENDING to have had their interviews, to make me discuss questions with them.

This behaviour is unacceptable, and is cheating. I will be emailing SDIP recruitment about this, it is truly an insult to the scheme that focuses on equality and diversity for people to cheat so unfairly.

Yeah I feel the same. It is so manipulative.
Original post by Plain1
Yeah I feel the same. It is so manipulative.

Original post by MvcLaw

I have had this too, it has made me so uncomfortable. The person messaged me on here and was so persistent. When I didn’t reply, they messaged me three times in a row!
Reply 38
Original post by moss-crowd
I have had this too, it has made me so uncomfortable. The person messaged me on here and was so persistent. When I didn’t reply, they messaged me three times in a row!

I didn't realise at first. :frown:
Reply 39
Original post by moss-crowd

I’m really sorry you’ve had this experience too!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending