The Student Room Group

Are end of year 9 exams important?

I've got 1 week till my exams. Are they that important? Are they worth revising for/stressing over.

I got tests for maths English and science.
They do help determine whether you end up doing Higher or Foundation at GCSE. So although they're not too important, I'd still revise for them :smile:
They aren't that important, but you should still revise for them. They'll be partly what your predicted GCSE grades are based on, and getting into decent study habits now will make things a heck of a lot easier in a few years...
Original post by NoobToob
I've got 1 week till my exams. Are they that important? Are they worth revising for/stressing over.

I got tests for maths English and science.

They're important in that they are often used to put pupils into sets for GCSE according to ability, so those in lower sets will sit foundation papers where the grade is capped at a certain point, and those in higher sets will sit the higher GCSE where they can achieve the top mark. Not all schools plan like this however so you might want to check how your yr 9 results will be used.

You should view these tests as a practice for your GCSE's, it's definitely worth trying to revise for them as you can try a few different methods and work out what works for you.
Reply 4
simple answer no. I didn't revise for them I still did great...
Reply 5
i had my English and RE Exam today and i think i did alright by just revising last minute but i stressed alot over it and i have a maths test tomorrow that im not looking forward too because maths is my worst subject is it really worth stressing that much because im worried ill get moved down a set
Reply 6
Are the term assessment is important in year 9 or not ? Like every end of the topic are they important
Reply 7
Is the end of topic assessment important in year 9 ?
Original post by Nasoo

4 year old thread.
Original post by Nasoo

lmfao i did not revise for anything in year 9 n i came out okay, dont stress urself too hard in that year, it will get worse in year 10&11 so just enjoy yourself
Original post by cryingchild
lmfao i did not revise for anything in year 9 n i came out okay, dont stress urself too hard in that year, it will get worse in year 10&11 so just enjoy yourself

4 years old thread. The OP has graduated.
Sort of? The only thing they really determine is what sets you'll be in at GCSE and what will go on your report at the end of the term. If neither of those things are really important to you the exams probably won't be that significant.
Original post by CaptainDuckie
4 years old thread. The OP has graduated.

yeah ik i was replying to the other guy that replied on the thread not that long ago
lmao my parents make me revise for everything and since im asian they make yr 9 tests look like the GCSE's
same :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending