The Student Room Group

Law Undergrad Essay Q Help

This js not an assessed question so I am not cheating. If anyone has any ideas or resources that can help with this essay question, please let me know I am so STUCK, I’d appreciate any help. I enrolled late so am quite behind on a lot of things and am not sure what to discuss here.

‘The Parliamentary legislative process fails to achieve its primary purpose: it fails to ensure effective legislative scrutiny of Parliamentary Bills.’
Thank you in advance.
Is there not a lecture and reading on “how do primary legislation get passed” where you see bills go through stages before becoming laws?
Reply 2
Original post by Catherine1973
Is there not a lecture and reading on “how do primary legislation get passed” where you see bills go through stages before becoming laws?

Nope not at all + we are told not to use those it is supposed to be our own research but I’m really struggling, Public law is the worst for me. I have found information on passing of legislation but its definitely not enough for 5 pages
Strange to be told not to use your core textbok? Surely they just mean don’t just use that? And pretty much every public law textbook would have a similar chapter on how laws are created and parliaments role in scrutinising the government.
Reply 4
Original post by Catherine1973
Strange to be told not to use your core textbok? Surely they just mean don’t just use that? And pretty much every public law textbook would have a similar chapter on how laws are created and parliaments role in scrutinising the government.

Yes textbook references is allowed but we need external information which i dont understand
Reply 5
which parts are you struggling to understand?

login to Westlaw and on the first page you can Browse by Topic. should be something related to public law. it breaks down things nicely, lists related legislation, case law and journal articles.

if you’re struggling to find sources then look at the footnotes/bibliography in what articles you do have cuz it will all be related; or go to your reading list in public law. just make sure you don’t resort to using stuff like YouTube and Wikipedia :tongue:
Reply 6
Original post by Joleee
which parts are you struggling to understand?

login to Westlaw and on the first page you can Browse by Topic. should be something related to public law. it breaks down things nicely, lists related legislation, case law and journal articles.

if you’re struggling to find sources then look at the footnotes/bibliography in what articles you do have cuz it will all be related; or go to your reading list in public law. just make sure you don’t resort to using stuff like YouTube and Wikipedia :tongue:

Thank you so much, I used this and have finished my essay thank you!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending