The Student Room Group

Entry requirements

My A Level predicted grades are A*A*A* but my IGCSE Maths is D... do I have a chance anywhere ?
Reply 1
Original post by lionh4rt
My A Level predicted grades are A*A*A* but my IGCSE Maths is D... do I have a chance anywhere ?

Doing what?
Reply 2
Original post by Scotney
Doing what?

Economics, Business and IT. I want to do Marketing.
Economics, Business and IT. I want to do Marketing.

You need to ask the universities that you want to apply to.

Have you tried resitting GCSE maths? Most universities will want you to have a C grade or equivalent (or higher for courses with more maths content)
Reply 4
Yes, I know some who has passed their GCSE’s apart from maths... so atm she is doing a business course including, finance, marketing, business teams, and sustainability - in that course-
And of course she retook her maths gcse the other day
Hope that helped. Basically if it’s just maths yu haven’t passed then u need to retake... ahh but maths GCSEs are done this year,, the third paper was yesterday 😶next retakes are next year...
You need to retake Maths IGCSE alongside your A levels - talk to your school.
Marketing is stats heavy - I would be surprised if any decent Uni would accept you without at least a C grade, if not higher.

Hi,

Universities will have their own entry requirements. Therefore, I would double check with the universities that you are applying to whether they would consider the Mathematics GCSE D grade, as your predicted A level grades are extremely high there may be some flexibility with the GCSE grades. Some courses may be strict on this requirement, but it's always worth checking before committing to retaking the Maths GCSE.

I hope this helps, however if you have any other questions please feel free to drop me a message :smile:

Thanks

Carrie

Best to resit the D, as GCSEs are normally a minimum standard. TBH most students who enrol normally well exceed the minimum GCSEs.

Please dont take this the wrong way, but im sceptical that someone achieving a D in GCSE maths is getting straight A*s at A-level regardless of what UCAS predications say. Id imagine admissions officers would think the same as a GCSE is really pretty trivial compared to an A-level.
Original post by mnot
Please dont take this the wrong way, but im sceptical that someone achieving a D in GCSE maths is getting straight A*s at A-level regardless of what UCAS predications say. Id imagine admissions officers would think the same as a GCSE is really pretty trivial compared to an A-level.

This would be similar to that strange group of applicants that achieve 70-80% in the India Class X and are then predicted 100% in every subject in Class XII :hmmmm2:
Original post by Admit-One
This would be similar to that strange group of applicants that achieve 70-80% in the India Class X and are then predicted 100% in every subject in Class XII :hmmmm2:

UCAS predictions, the gift that keeps on giving. I dont envy those who work in admissions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending