The Student Room Group
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website

Official Arts University Bournemouth 2021 applicant chat

This is the thread for people who are thinking of applying to Arts University Bournemouth for 2021!

Meet and chat to other people applying here. Ice breaker questions:

What course are you applying for?
What subjects are you studying now?

You can find a big list of all the other applicant threads here >>

Scroll to see replies

im thinking of applying to AUB for Graphic Design for 2021. I study graphic design level 3 year 2 currently!
Graduation
Arts University Bournemouth
Poole
Visit website
i want to take up film production !
Reply 3
Hi,
Does anyone know when applications for the MA Photography (Sep 2021) at AUB will open? Their website currently is accepting for Feb 2021 batch. Will the September 2021 batch even be held?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
im applying for the costume course I think.
it looks amazing!
I'm hoping to study the Illustration BA!
I feel that it suits my methods of working much better than some of the other courses I'm interested in, plus the campus and location looks lovely!
I have applied to study Television!
Original post by JBawden
it looks amazing!

I have applied for costume too. Which one did you apply for.
Reply 8
the Costume course not the performance design and costume one. what about you?
Reply 9
Original post by Tia-eloise
I have applied for costume too. Which one did you apply for.

I've just applied yesterday. 😃 Have you heard anything back from yours yet?
I apply for both as i could not make mind up along with costume in other unis like ual. I applied last Friday and still have not heard anything but i will update you if i do.
Reply 11
I apply for both as i could not make mind up along with costume in other unis like ual. I applied last Friday and still have not heard anything but i will update you if i do.

That sounds great! I applied for Falmouth, Edinburgh, Nottingham Trent and Central Speech and Drama. But Bournemouth is by far my favourite for costume! 🤞
Original post by JBawden
That sounds great! I applied for Falmouth, Edinburgh, Nottingham Trent and Central Speech and Drama. But Bournemouth is by far my favourite for costume! 🤞

I have also applied for Falmouth. London ual is my favourite but is difficult to get in. Bournemouth is my second favourite and I am probably more likely to get in here that to ual. Do you know what we need to put in to a portfolio?
Reply 13
I have also applied for Falmouth. London ual is my favourite but is difficult to get in. Bournemouth is my second favourite and I am probably more likely to get in here that to ual. Do you know what we need to put in to a portfolio?

Do you have an Instagram? Mines @jennysdesignsandcostuming I'm pretty much just going to include what I have on there.
Original post by maisie832
I have applied to study Television!

AUB doesn’t offer a television degree?
Original post by JBawden
it looks amazing!

Hi I'm also applying to that course. Have you applied yet/ heard anything back from them yet. I think it looks like an amazing course too, did you go to any of the open days
Reply 16
Original post by PhoebeGodsmark
Hi I'm also applying to that course. Have you applied yet/ heard anything back from them yet. I think it looks like an amazing course too, did you go to any of the open days

I didnt have chance to see the campus in person, but I've been to two of the Virtual Open Days.
I have a feeling that they dont look at applications until the dealine in January so they can look over them all at once and do it more fairly, but to be honest I have no idea 😂
Original post by JBawden
I didnt have chance to see the campus in person, but I've been to two of the Virtual Open Days.
I have a feeling that they dont look at applications until the dealine in January so they can look over them all at once and do it more fairly, but to be honest I have no idea 😂

No thats good I thought I just wasn't going to get a reply but I think they will probably just look at all the applications after the deadline. I went to an open day just before lockdown and it looked like a really nice space to learn in. They have an instagram as well which is quite nice to look at what they are doing in these times of plague

If you look on this website it tells you everything that you should consider putting in a portfolio, I found it quite helpful when putting my portfolio together https://webdocs.aub.ac.uk/BA%20(Hons)%20Costume%20Portfolio%20Guidelines.pdf?_ga=2.191123886.541705231.1605723399-506379788.1604164734
Original post by PhoebeGodsmark
If you look on this website it tells you everything that you should consider putting in a portfolio, I found it quite helpful when putting my portfolio together https://webdocs.aub.ac.uk/BA%20(Hons)%20Costume%20Portfolio%20Guidelines.pdf?_ga=2.191123886.541705231.1605723399-506379788.1604164734

Thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending