The Student Room Group

Revising Spanish AS topics

Hi, I'm a year 12 and I'm studying Spanish and at the end of each topic (for example, la influencia de los ídolos) we have an assessment (I've had one so far which was just a translation and a reading activity) however, I have no clue how to revise for these?? So far i've been doing some activities at the end of the topic in the textbook and i've made Quizlet sets with the vocab, is there anything more I can do? Thanks! :smile:
Original post by TheHistoryNerd_
Hi, I'm a year 12 and I'm studying Spanish and at the end of each topic (for example, la influencia de los ídolos) we have an assessment (I've had one so far which was just a translation and a reading activity) however, I have no clue how to revise for these?? So far i've been doing some activities at the end of the topic in the textbook and i've made Quizlet sets with the vocab, is there anything more I can do? Thanks! :smile:

Hey, y13 Spanish student here. Throughout AS I didn't do much revision aside from textbook activities and vocab lists, but if there's one thing I wish I did more, it's listening and speaking practice; it's better to listen to things that aren't part of your course but relate to the themes you're studying (the news, maybe specifically about spanish/latam pop culture, is a good place to start), it will aid your listening skills overall as well as let you into some topic-specific vocab and ways of speaking you may not have heard before.

Not sure if listening will be part of your topic assessments but it's well worth it for the course as a whole. Overall, what you're doing is fine at the level of topic tests so don't sweat it too much!
Original post by _Jonneh_
Hey, y13 Spanish student here. Throughout AS I didn't do much revision aside from textbook activities and vocab lists, but if there's one thing I wish I did more, it's listening and speaking practice; it's better to listen to things that aren't part of your course but relate to the themes you're studying (the news, maybe specifically about spanish/latam pop culture, is a good place to start), it will aid your listening skills overall as well as let you into some topic-specific vocab and ways of speaking you may not have heard before.

Not sure if listening will be part of your topic assessments but it's well worth it for the course as a whole. Overall, what you're doing is fine at the level of topic tests so don't sweat it too much!

Thanks for the response! :smile: Yeah, my end of topic test next week included reading, writing and listening but my teacher is being generous and not including speaking this time haha. Thanks again! :smile:
Good luck!
Original post by tinygirl96
Good luck!

Ah, thanks! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending