The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Lse economic history help

Hi, I want to apply to LSE economic history for 2021.
Course requirements: AAB
A-Level predictions:
Maths: A*
Economics: A
History: B
EPQ: Pending

GCSEs
Maths: 9
English Lang: 7
Eng lit: A
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 6
Biology: 6
German 6
Geography: 6
Computer Science: 5
AD MATHS: D
DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY: 3

Do you think I have a chance of getting in?
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I want to apply to LSE economic history for 2021.
Course requirements: AAB
A-Level predictions:
Maths: A*
Economics: A
History: B
EPQ: Pending

GCSEs
Maths: 9
English Lang: 7
Eng lit: A
Chemistry: 7
Physics: 6
Biology: 6
German 6
Geography: 6
Computer Science: 5
AD MATHS: D
DESIGN AND TECHNOLOGY: 3

Do you think I have a chance of getting in?

Your grades says you will get offer but I'm not sure about B in History. Ultimately, it all comes down to you PS how you tailor it. I am also applying for Eco History at LSE but Eco at other unis, so my PS consist of less Eco History since then other unis will not like it and also I'm applying to LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol which is quite risky and I may end up not getting into any of these. However, i feel my PS is very strong but for Economics only and I honestly don't know much about Eco History, I'm applying here only because of LSE and that its requirement is low :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
LSE's entry requirements include 'a majority of grades 7 and above at GCSE.' You don't quite meet that requirement.

LSE, does however, take the context in which you achieved your grades into account. If you attended an under-performing state school during your GCSEs, you could still have a chance. Though if you attended a private school, your chances aren't great.
Reply 3
Original post by Zunaid Rafique
Your grades says you will get offer but I'm not sure about B in History. Ultimately, it all comes down to you PS how you tailor it. I am also applying for Eco History at LSE but Eco at other unis, so my PS consist of less Eco History since then other unis will not like it and also I'm applying to LSE, UCL, Warwick, Bristol which is quite risky and I may end up not getting into any of these. However, i feel my PS is very strong but for Economics only and I honestly don't know much about Eco History, I'm applying here only because of LSE and that its requirement is low :smile:

Thanks for your reply.
What other unis have you applied to and what are your predicted grades like?
My personal statement is tailored for economic history as I am applying for the same course at Edinburgh, history and political economy at KCL and Modern history with economics at Manchester.
Original post by Anonymous
Thanks for your reply.
What other unis have you applied to and what are your predicted grades like?
My personal statement is tailored for economic history as I am applying for the same course at Edinburgh, history and political economy at KCL and Modern history with economics at Manchester.

I applied to LSE, Manchester, Edinburgh and Bristol. My predicted is distinction in all (I am first year University of London international programme student by LSE so yeah they said I have higher chances) My modules are Economics, Maths, Stats, Accounts and Business. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending