The Student Room Group

Girls body language

I have a crush on this girl and campus. I never really talked to her apart a few facetious exchanges replying to one of her stories.

I just saw her with some friends while walking on the opposite direction dan after I said hi to her friend she looked down and smiled.

What does this mean?

Any hep much appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

Either she finds you cute or she thinks you’re a weirdo and she’s mocking you
Hi there
Ummm
She might be shy person perhaps.
At least what I think.
Reply 3
Original post by Ackhnologia
Hi there
Ummm
She might be shy person perhaps.
At least what I think.

Alright, thanks. I saw her another time by walking the opposite direction and she smiled as well. At least she portably does not hate me lol.
Original post by Anonymous
Alright, thanks. I saw her another time by walking the opposite direction and she smiled as well. At least she portably does not hate me lol.

Think about it-

If someone smiled at you or if you saw someone would you smile? Probably,it’s a natural thing to do,I randomly smile at people but that does not mean I necessarily like them.But I hope you get your crush! :rolleyes:
Reply 5
Original post by Summerneive
Think about it-

If someone smiled at you or if you saw someone would you smile? Probably,it’s a natural thing to do,I randomly smile at people but that does not mean I necessarily like them.But I hope you get your crush! :rolleyes:

Sure, haha, thanks! I was not smiling at all actually, she caught me while I was pretty stressed out. But you're right. Let's say it's a neutral sign at the very least and it does not affect my overall success chances. :smile:
Reply 6
Either she finds you cute or she thinks you’re a weirdo and she’s mocking you

Hard truth. I am on the fence on this, I do not think I have acted wired but you are right, I am gonna forget about that then. Thanks for the advice.
Reply 7
Hard truth. I am on the fence on this, I do not think I have acted wired but you are right, I am gonna forget about that then. Thanks for the advice.

forget about her*
Reply 8
Shall I unfollow her on social media as well?
Shall I unfollow her on social media as well?

You follow her on social media?
Why?
Do you know her, are you friend of hers?
You follow her on social media?
Why?
Do you know her, are you friend of hers?

We are in the same College, everybody kinda know each other through friend groups. She follows me back and she liked my last picture. Why?
We are in the same College, everybody kinda know each other through friend groups. She follows me back and she liked my last picture. Why?

Oh well
But why do you want to unfollow her then?
Oh well
But why do you want to unfollow her then?

Idk if, as an another user suggested, she may have mocked me
Reply 13
It's probably a natural reaction or she found it nice to see u, don't over think too much, I'm sure it was a good message
Idk if, as an another user suggested, she may have mocked me

Rather than making assumptions, why not asking her?
Rather than making assumptions, why not asking her?

I see her around but always while she is talking with other people. Perhaps I won't unfollow her since it is pointless (as she barely acknowledges my existence) and I will forget about it. Thanks anyway.
I see her around but always while she is talking with other people. Perhaps I won't unfollow her since it is pointless (as she barely acknowledges my existence) and I will forget about it. Thanks anyway.

Lmao don’t unfollow her. Just leave it be.

It depends on your situation, if you haven’t done anything for her to think you’re a weirdo then you’re most probably just overthinking it.

She may just be shy and find you attractive - if she’s looking at you, then looking down and smiling, as that tends to be what people do when they have a crush on someone and they’re shy.

If you’re friends with her and friends with her friends then she may probably just have a crush on you and waiting for you to talk to her and eventually make a move - girls prefer it when guys approach the girl.

If you think she’s mocking you, you’ll usually have a gut feeling. But like I said, if you haven’t been given the reason to feel that way, don’t dread on it.
Lmao don’t unfollow her. Just leave it be.

It depends on your situation, if you haven’t done anything for her to think you’re a weirdo then you’re most probably just overthinking it.

She may just be shy and find you attractive - if she’s looking at you, then looking down and smiling, as that tends to be what people do when they have a crush on someone and they’re shy.

If you’re friends with her and friends with her friends then she may probably just have a crush on you and waiting for you to talk to her and eventually make a move - girls prefer it when guys approach the girl.

If you think she’s mocking you, you’ll usually have a gut feeling. But like I said, if you haven’t been given the reason to feel that way, don’t dread on it.

Sounds like a very sensible course of action to take. Thank you. She knows my name but we have never talked irl. I have not done anything strange as far I can tell, she just always saw me walking around while minding my own business.
Sounds like a very sensible course of action to take. Thank you. She knows my name but we have never talked irl. I have not done anything strange as far I can tell, she just always saw me walking around while minding my own business.

If you have a crush on her then just spark up a conversation with her one day - make sure the flow of it is very natural, you don’t want it to be forced because then the conversation will be a waste of time.

If you realise upon talking to her that you two have the spark, vibe and connection with at least some similarities then you might think she’s worth it and take it further.

For now just try hanging out with her - being friends with her friends will help too as it’ll bring you closer to her without you being too clingy and making it obvious that you’re in it all for her, which she may find creepy and a bit of a turn off.

If it doesn’t work out in the end, at least you know you tried. I mean, it is what it is and men and women come and go and you’ll find another one if it doesn’t work out amazingly with her.

Good luck :smile:
Original post by emgx123
If you have a crush on her then just spark up a conversation with her one day - make sure the flow of it is very natural, you don’t want it to be forced because then the conversation will be a waste of time.

If you realise upon talking to her that you two have the spark, vibe and connection with at least some similarities then you might think she’s worth it and take it further.

For now just try hanging out with her - being friends with her friends will help too as it’ll bring you closer to her without you being too clingy and making it obvious that you’re in it all for her, which she may find creepy and a bit of a turn off.

If it doesn’t work out in the end, at least you know you tried. I mean, it is what it is and men and women come and go and you’ll find another one if it doesn’t work out amazingly with her.

Good luck :smile:

Thank you. I may see her around campus in the next days so I'll see how it goes.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending