The Student Room Group

HMRC Surge and Rapid Response Team 2020

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else get an email from verifile for the background checks?
Original post by nocontractsim
Anyone else get an email from verifile for the background checks?

Hey no i havent, what does the email say?
"Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has asked us to carry out a background check on you and we are here to guide you through the screening process."

Then gives me log in details, literally just got it when i made the post.
Checked application centre that's me down to 3 things to check. Employment history including any gaps, convictions and what pension arrangements they can offer.

I don't think my references have had their email yet. Does anyone know what email address they come from, both my references gave me their works email but they both work for organisations with strict filters so might not even get through to them.
"Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs (HMRC) has asked us to carry out a background check on you and we are here to guide you through the screening process."

Then gives me log in details, literally just got it when i made the post.

Weird i havent received an email like that at all.

Awesome!! You are now the same stage as me!! I do know my references have been contacted tho. The requesr seems to come from the actual Hmrc recruitment team which is what my reference said. But now its gonna be 6 days since they received the reference request dont know how long its gonna take for the portal to update as i know my references have already replied 😅
Original post by trixytwix27
Weird i havent received an email like that at all.

Awesome!! You are now the same stage as me!! I do know my references have been contacted tho. The requesr seems to come from the actual Hmrc recruitment team which is what my reference said. But now its gonna be 6 days since they received the reference request dont know how long its gonna take for the portal to update as i know my references have already replied 😅

It's basically for the DBS check it seems, i already completed a DBS form and sent it to them, maybe they do some themselves and outsource some as I am a little further behind the process. They're basically doing a standard check disclosure check.

I've no idea really. I've texted my referees to let them know it might come from HMRC, be frustrating if it's an email in a spam folder holding things up!
It's basically for the DBS check it seems, i already completed a DBS form and sent it to them, maybe they do some themselves and outsource some as I am a little further behind the process. They're basically doing a standard check disclosure check.

I've no idea really. I've texted my referees to let them know it might come from HMRC, be frustrating if it's an email in a spam folder holding things up!

Dont worry about it! My references work for orgs with strict filters too but they still received the request and it didnt go to their spam at all!! 😊
Dont worry about it! My references work for orgs with strict filters too but they still received the request and it didnt go to their spam at all!! 😊

That's good to hear thanks. :smile:

Well let's hope everything else is smooth for everyone!
My referees were contacted on Monday and replied straightaway so the CS seem to be keen to get the Edinburgh people starting soon. I think it might be early December now but maybe it'll depend if they want everyone to start together, maybe it takes some people longer to go through the checks. Just really want to know haha!
Thats good to hear!!! Has your portal updated since then that references are completed???
Great news!

I've sent an email confirming my referees details in case i inputed them incorrectly or something.
Thats good to hear!!! Has your portal updated since then that references are completed???

Hey! No it hasn't. It still says I'm on the three final checks: references, pension etc. I know my two personal ones have replied. The only thing is my employment one is from a large public organisation and I think my ex-line manager might have been furloughed so might not be able to reply to the email. They've not said to provide another one though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

What about yours? The waiting is so annoying!
Original post by StellaBella05
Hey! No it hasn't. It still says I'm on the three final checks: references, pension etc. I know my two personal ones have replied. The only thing is my employment one is from a large public organisation and I think my ex-line manager might have been furloughed so might not be able to reply to the email. They've not said to provide another one though so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

What about yours? The waiting is so annoying!

We're on the same boat then! Yeah my two ones have defo replied, but for my academic reference im not sure (hopefully he has as he is normally very prompt with such things before!)
But yeah i also only got 3 checks remaining! I also want to know really soon about potential start dates coz i gotta start looking at accommodation too which is gonna be tough coz i heard edb is expensive?? 😹
We're on the same boat then! Yeah my two ones have defo replied, but for my academic reference im not sure (hopefully he has as he is normally very prompt with such things before!)
But yeah i also only got 3 checks remaining! I also want to know really soon about potential start dates coz i gotta start looking at accommodation too which is gonna be tough coz i heard edb is expensive?? 😹

It's good that it's been quite quick, I thought we wouldn't start till next year but I think it might be December now. They are probably reasonable with people replying cos some people have been furloughed, are working from home etc. so it's not normal times. I've even heard of them not contacting some referees and just taking one or two so who knows how they do it haha!

Yeah I really want to know as well. Haven't told too many people cos I don't want to jinx it before we get a formal offer! Where are you moving from if you don't mind me asking. I live in Edinburgh so am fortunate I don't have to move atm. Good thing is the office is really central and close to Waverley for commuting :-)
Original post by StellaBella05
It's good that it's been quite quick, I thought we wouldn't start till next year but I think it might be December now. They are probably reasonable with people replying cos some people have been furloughed, are working from home etc. so it's not normal times. I've even heard of them not contacting some referees and just taking one or two so who knows how they do it haha!

Yeah I really want to know as well. Haven't told too many people cos I don't want to jinx it before we get a formal offer! Where are you moving from if you don't mind me asking. I live in Edinburgh so am fortunate I don't have to move atm. Good thing is the office is really central and close to Waverley for commuting :-)

Ooohh fingers crossed everythings okay with everyones PECs i cannot wait honestly to be in edinburgh its my ideal place to live in 😻😻and i saw how the new building looks in waverley its absolutely beautiful!!!!!

Im from Aberdeen hahaha so i've been very desperate to get out of this grey place since i finished uni this yr lol
(edited 3 years ago)

I'm in the same boat! Moving from Glasgow to Edi since I don't fancy the commute and love living in Edi, but hoping we find out start dates soon so I can move forward with flat hunting.

(Edinburgh can be really expensive, but there's some bargains to be found)
That's my reference emails went out, phew!

I live just outside Edinburgh so I'm OK. There are flat shares online, spare rooms.com etc cost seems to drop a bit if willing to share a 2 or 3 bedroom flat/house. Plenty with own ensuite as well. If looking for own place might have to spend upwards of £850 a month once council tax and electricity is factored in. Plus deposit etc.
Reply 98
Hope everyone's checks are going ok! I got an email this afternoon to say everything's completed now so I'm just waiting for a start date :smile:
Has anyone for Edinburgh heard more about the checks? I just checked my portal and it would appear I'm on the final two, pension and convictions so it looks like my references are all okay. Hopefully this means we might get a start date soon!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending