The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough

Any questions about Loughborough University?

Hi everyone, my name is Ella and I studied my undergraduate degree in Psychology and a postgraduate degree in the Business School, both at Loughborough University.

I have also been involved with AU Sport and lived in on-campus accommodation so hopefully I can answer any questions about anything Loughborough related!

Ella :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by Loughborough University
Hi everyone, my name is Ella and I studied my undergraduate degree in Psychology and a postgraduate degree in the Business School, both at Loughborough University.

I have also been involved with AU Sport and lived in on-campus accommodation so hopefully I can answer any questions about anything Loughborough related!

Hi, what programming language does loughborough use/teach for computer science courses?
Students on campus at Loughborough University
Loughborough University
Loughborough
Original post by xRapids
Hi, what programming language does loughborough use/teach for computer science courses?

Hi @xRapids,

You can find out more about the programming types and module choices for our Computer Science courses here. Several of these BSc and MSci courses are accredited by the British Computer Society (BCS).

Any other questions feel free to drop me a message!
Reply 3
Does it really matter that the only science A Level I'm taking is Psychology? My others are English Literature and Religious Studies and I worry this won't let me be seen as a serious candidate
Original post by Ade2020
Does it really matter that the only science A Level I'm taking is Psychology? My others are English Literature and Religious Studies and I worry this won't let me be seen as a serious candidate

What subject do you want to apply for?

Hi! I was just wondering whether or not Loughborough have started giving offers?
Reply 6
Original post by Emily~3695
What subject do you want to apply for?

Psychology with a placement year hopefully :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
Hi! I was just wondering whether or not Loughborough have started giving offers?

Hi there,

I'm just replying on behalf of Ella as she's away today.

Once an application has been submitted to us, an acknowledgment email to confirm it's arrived safely to our admissions team is sent to the applicant - I trust you have received this email? I'm afraid there are no set timescales or turnaround time for when offers are made, however, I can tell you that they have previously been sent out at the end of October but there may be a delay this year because of some changes to our IT system. I hope this helps.

Do let us know if you have any other questions.

I wish you all the best of luck!!
Bindu
Original post by Ade2020

Hi @Ade2020,

For some programmes, you are required to have studied specific subjects at A Level but for others you do not need to have studied any particular pre-requisites. Psychology is one of the subjects that does not require specific A-Level subjects to apply, however it is definitely worth mentioning any subjects you have studied that are relevant to the programme you are applying for. That is great you are already studying Psychology at A-Level, remember to mention in your personal statement why you enjoy the subject and want to pursue it further!

(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 9
Original post by Loughborough Student Community
Hi @Ade2020,

For some programmes, you are required to have studied specific subjects at A Level but for others you do not need to have studied any particular pre-requisites. Psychology is one of the subjects that does not require specific A-Level subjects to apply, however it is definitely worth mentioning any subjects you have studied that are relevant to the programme you are applying for. That is great you are already studying Psychology at A-Level, remember to mention in your personal statement why you enjoy the subject and want to pursue it further!

Thank you so much!
Original post by Ade2020
Thank you so much!

No problem at all, happy to answer any other questions you may have!
Reply 11

hey, what is the night life like in Loughborough?
Original post by kimR
hey, what is the night life like in Loughborough?

HI @kimR,

At night, our Students Unions turns into not just 1, but 3 different nightclubs (Room 1, Fusion and Cogs), making it the biggest nightclub in the East Midlands! Each one has a different theme so there really is something for everyone. There are also options for nightclubs in town, such as Echo's, Firefly and Revolution along with different pubs and bars. Leicester and Nottingham are also a very short trip away so if you ever fancy a change of scene, you can still experience night life in a city. I only went to Nottingham once or twice in my 4 years though because I enjoyed the nightlife that Loughborough had to offer!

I hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending