The Student Room Group

Kent and Medway Medical School A100 2021 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ram Charan
Dont forget the interview invites....

Hopefully Ram-wishing u all the best my friend 🤞🏼
Hey guys! what do you guys think the UCAT cut off with be for 2021 entry? Especially for grads since there might be a different threshold for us haha
Original post by jello0612
Hey guys! what do you guys think the UCAT cut off with be for 2021 entry? Especially for grads since there might be a different threshold for us haha

Last year the threshold for graduates was 2430, just 10 above the non-graduates (4th decile). Hopefully If it's the 4th decile this year again, then the threshold would be 2450, and 2460 for graduates.
Original post by ABeingOnEarth
Last year the threshold for graduates was 2430, just 10 above the non-graduates (4th decile). Hopefully If it's the 4th decile this year again, then the threshold would be 2450, and 2460 for graduates.

Thank you very much! :smile:
Original post by Shuggy53
Hopefully Ram-wishing u all the best my friend 🤞🏼

Thanks Shuggy! You too!!
Does anyone know when interviews will be held?
Update from KMMS Instagram..

MMIs will most likely be online
Interview invites and rejections in batches from very late November (early december) to late March
1463 applications :zomg:
(edited 3 years ago)
...1463 applications :zomg:

Slightly less than last year... they had > 1500 applicants for 2020/21 entry.

https://twitter.com/KMMSmedschool/status/1189565924925476864

Post originally created by ecolier.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hopefully they interview more than 300 applicants unlike last year :colonhash:

:crossedf: for you guys, hopefully they have more places too - so (slightly) less applicants with (slightly) more places = lower competition ratios for KMMS!

I am surprised that KMMS had less applicants, considering that there are 21% more medicine applicants overall this year compared to last - so those of you who chose KMMS - well done!

One reason they gave for the relatively low numbers of interviews last year, was lack of staff to do the interviewing. Hopefully, now that they are properly established they will be able to interview more, although not sure what online MMIs will do for logistics.
On their Instagram post earlier today, they still believe they will have one of the highest applicant to places ratios again.
Original post by aspmedic
On their Instagram post earlier today, they still believe they will have one of the highest applicant to places ratios again.

They will, because last year they had > 15 applicants to 1 place.

But I imagine a lot of places will have caught up this year.

Overall, KMMS has got very slightly easier this year compared to last.

That's good to hear, although their 'contextualisation' process comparing individual academic performance relative to school performance is hard to judge, making chances of securing an interview or not a little unpredictable. However, what was encouraging is that they read each PS of those planned to be rejected before making the final decision to reject.
Original post by aspmedic
That's good to hear, although their 'contextualisation' process comparing individual academic performance relative to school performance is hard to judge, making chances of securing an interview or not a little unpredictable. However, what was encouraging is that they read each PS of those planned to be rejected before making the final decision to reject.

Indeed, our aim here in TSR is to make med school selection as transparent as possible.

Sadly many med schools don't even release their scoring system so many candidates are in fact, applying "blind".

You do a great job!
Yes thank you for the information you provide ecolier. Your posts are always insightful and reassuring! Coming from a mature student...it’s great to know that there’s ppl out there that have been through the system and willing to help others👍
Reply 77
Original post by Shuggy53
Yes thank you for the information you provide ecolier. Your posts are always insightful and reassuring! Coming from a mature student...it’s great to know that there’s ppl out there that have been through the system and willing to help others👍

Hi 🙋🏻*♀️ fellow mature student here!
Are you applying as a graduate?
Reply 78
Hi everyone, I have a question for the graduates. It seems like that there are are a lot of you guys which is great to see! I was wondering if you do the exact same course as all of the people who are coming from a levels, like joint as one cohort. Or is it more like graduates have there own course.
Original post by Zaynsalah
Hi everyone, I have a question for the graduates. It seems like that there are are a lot of you guys which is great to see! I was wondering if you do the exact same course as all of the people who are coming from a levels, like joint as one cohort. Or is it more like graduates have there own course.

It's one joint cohort. Some unis do a separate graduate entry course just for grads which is 4yrs long. KMMS just does the normal 5yr undergrad course, which grads can also apply to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending