The Student Room Group

In science what would you say is the hardest GCSE?

Out of biology, physics and chemistry which would you say is the hardest/easiest out of them in terms of the GCSE exam?
biology easiest
chemistry mid but still hard
physics hardest
Reply 2
It honestly varies between person to person because, although they all fall under the group named 'sciences', there are some differences in the GCSE skills you need.
Biology is very memorisation heavy, as there is a lot of content to know but that's basically it for gcse.
Chemistry has some maths elements to it and maybe some more application of knowledge is needed but still, memorising is also key.
With physics, there is the most maths but it's not that advanced and you can probably get by if you make sure you learn all the equations but (and again, memorising content).

There is no 'hardest' or 'easiest'
I personally found chemistry the hardest and physics the easiest but I have lots of friends who had really different opinions to me!
(I didn't do the exam because of covid 19 but I still did mocks and tons of practice papers over the 2 years to get a good idea of exams).
Original post by GraceHarp
Out of biology, physics and chemistry which would you say is the hardest/easiest out of them in terms of the GCSE exam?

I would say hardest is biology easiest is physics but tbh I’m biased cos I wanna study physics at uni :smile:
chem is easiest , bio is hardest😔 i did my bio mock exam on tuesday and ughhh , but they are all hard all in all i just am best at chem
Reply 5
Original post by fluous
It honestly varies between person to person because, although they all fall under the group named 'sciences', there are some differences in the GCSE skills you need.
Biology is very memorisation heavy, as there is a lot of content to know but that's basically it for gcse.
Chemistry has some maths elements to it and maybe some more application of knowledge is needed but still, memorising is also key.
With physics, there is the most maths but it's not that advanced and you can probably get by if you make sure you learn all the equations but (and again, memorising content).

I personally found chemistry the hardest and physics the easiest but I have lots of friends who had really different opinions to me!
(I didn't do the exam because of covid 19 but I still did mocks and tons of practice papers over the 2 years to get a good idea of exams).

Okay, thank you so much for the info!
Reply 6
Original post by fluous

Okay, thank you so much for the info!

Original post by 11 Year tingz
chem is easiest , bio is hardest😔 i did my bio mock exam on tuesday and ughhh , but they are all hard all in all i just am best aoa

Okay, and all the best with your mock!
Biology is regurgitating textbooks and Physics is doing maths. Chemistry is both

Quick Reply

Latest