The Student Room Group

DWP RESERVE LIST Work Coach 2020

Anyone been Placed on a reserve list for DWP as a work coach?

Anyone previously employed a reserve lister been called up by DWP?

ANY ADVICE OR INFO HELPS

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Shahmayne
Anyone been Placed on a reserve list for DWP as a work coach?

Anyone previously employed a reserve lister been called up by DWP?

ANY ADVICE OR INFO HELPS

Let's see how many join the club! haha
I’m currently on the reserve list from the July campaign since 18th August.
Reply 3
Original post by lisswin

Haha. Great experiment.
Reply 4
Original post by GloomyBear258
I’m currently on the reserve list from the July campaign since 18th August.

Have you not heard back yet? Im Hearing many are getting pulled now from July campaign. Did you get a high enough score?
Have you not heard back yet? Im Hearing many are getting pulled now from July campaign. Did you get a high enough score?

No I’ve not heard anything yet. The reserve list was due to expire this month but they have extended it until February 2021 which gives me a bit more hope that they’re planning on using it. My score was okay, not amazing (22) but one of my friends with the same score has now started her job as a work coach. It’s just a case of waiting to see what happens.

The November campaign released locations on Wednesday. This includes 4 of my chosen locations so I’m really hoping I get an offer soon. I don’t see why they wouldn’t use the reserve to fill those positions before using the new applicants from November.

The only difference is the work coach role I applied for in July was a permanent position. The new contracts are fixed term.
Reply 6
No I’ve not heard anything yet. The reserve list was due to expire this month but they have extended it until February 2021 which gives me a bit more hope that they’re planning on using it. My score was okay, not amazing (22) but one of my friends with the same score has now started her job as a work coach. It’s just a case of waiting to see what happens.

The November campaign released locations on Wednesday. This includes 4 of my chosen locations so I’m really hoping I get an offer soon. I don’t see why they wouldn’t use the reserve to fill those positions before using the new applicants from November.

The only difference is the work coach role I applied for in July was a permanent position. The new contracts are fixed term.

Think they are doing long term planning, ensuring they got as many numbers as possible since the government pledge of recruiting (that magic number) work coaches by March 2021. This is the reason they extended your deadline and given us 3 months. It's all around that time. Jan/feb/ is when they will step it up i believe so they can say 'yes we achieved our target'

Also due to covid now they can't train too many people at the same time. I've been seeing people are getting trained in waves. I think everything they are doing is in stages and steps... All date orientated.

May be wrong.. Lol...but here's to hope. Good luck buddy I really hope we all get pulled.

I never seen them do perm. Also tbh they can choose once everyone there who to extended. They barely asked about our experiences, qualifications... It was basically who was best on the day on camera. :/

Im A confident guy B totally feel I flopped that Interview. Pressure of not having a job. Wish it was face to face.
Think they are doing long term planning, ensuring they got as many numbers as possible since the government pledge of recruiting (that magic number) work coaches by March 2021. This is the reason they extended your deadline and given us 3 months. It's all around that time. Jan/feb/ is when they will step it up i believe so they can say 'yes we achieved our target'

Also due to covid now they can't train too many people at the same time. I've been seeing people are getting trained in waves. I think everything they are doing is in stages and steps... All date orientated.

May be wrong.. Lol...but here's to hope. Good luck buddy I really hope we all get pulled.

I never seen them do perm. Also tbh they can choose once everyone there who to extended. They barely asked about our experiences, qualifications... It was basically who was best on the day on camera. :/

Im A confident guy B totally feel I flopped that Interview. Pressure of not having a job. Wish it was face to face.

Yeah good luck to you too! Really hope we get a job from this after such a long process. I heard someone got pulled from the July campaign recently with a December start date, so they are still using the list.

I think it was only the July campaign that offered both permanent and fixed term. Since September they have all been fixed term only from what I’ve seen. That is the problem with my position, they might not want anymore permanent staff lol

The interview was difficult. I’ve never done a video interview before. At least you made the reserve list though there is still hope!
Reply 8
Yeah good luck to you too! Really hope we get a job from this after such a long process. I heard someone got pulled from the July campaign recently with a December start date, so they are still using the list.

I think it was only the July campaign that offered both permanent and fixed term. Since September they have all been fixed term only from what I’ve seen. That is the problem with my position, they might not want anymore permanent staff lol

The interview was difficult. I’ve never done a video interview before. At least you made the reserve list though there is still hope!

Another good question is

Has anyone done an INTERVIEW and NOT get offered a role or Reserve list?

Or does everyone get a shot? Im just curious how this system works.
Another good question is

Has anyone done an INTERVIEW and NOT get offered a role or Reserve list?

Or does everyone get a shot? Im just curious how this system works.

I know a few people personally who done their interview the same time as me and they received an email saying they had not met the minimum requirements. So not everyone gets put on the reserve list.
Reply 10
I know a few people personally who done their interview the same time as me and they received an email saying they had not met the minimum requirements. So not everyone gets put on the reserve list.

Ah thanks. I got worried they just hiring everyone... So one theory has just been concluded haha
I’ve also had my pre employment checks completed for the Black Country, and have now been put on reserve.
The email I received was:Thank you for attending the pre-recorded video interview for the 19 - DWP EO Work Coach West Midlands Group Black Country vacancy. This vacancy attracted a number of highly qualified applicants and after careful consideration of all of the applications we are sorry to tell you that you have not been selected for appointment. However, as you were a strong candidate we would like to keep your name on a reserve list. This list will be valid for 3 months from the date of this correspondence and if another vacancy arises for the same position we will contact you. This email does not constitute a job offer.

Was this the same for you too?
Reply 12
Original post by Panda134
I’ve also had my pre employment checks completed for the Black Country, and have now been put on reserve.
The email I received was:Thank you for attending the pre-recorded video interview for the 19 - DWP EO Work Coach West Midlands Group Black Country vacancy. This vacancy attracted a number of highly qualified applicants and after careful consideration of all of the applications we are sorry to tell you that you have not been selected for appointment. However, as you were a strong candidate we would like to keep your name on a reserve list. This list will be valid for 3 months from the date of this correspondence and if another vacancy arises for the same position we will contact you. This email does not constitute a job offer.

Was this the same for you too?

Yes exact same
I'm just hoping they offer us a place soon.
Yes exact same
I'm just hoping they offer us a place soon.

Phew
Yes I hope so, hoping it is something to do with the email about not being able to start some locations as quickly as they would like.
Reply 14
You may be right.

Would Make sense as there is mass recruitment during another lockdown. Just heard they shut a building for a day due to someone getting the covid. So it's mad out there.

Then also need to recruit with the govement pledge. So here's to hoping.

All applicants are important to us and we really appreciate your time, patience and all your efforts in the process so far. We will communicate next steps at every stage as soon as we are able.

However, please bear with us. The wellbeing of our workforce is paramount and meeting the highest standards of Covid safety in our buildings means that in some areas we are not able to start successful applicants as quickly as we would like.

New Work Coach Adverts

We expect to advertise for a second time for Work Coach roles in many locations in the coming weeks. This may include the locations to which you have already applied. We want to reassure you that, for the duration of the reserve list, successful candidates from the September and October adverts will be offered roles where we have vacancies as a priority ahead of new applicants. It is a personal decision whether you may wish to apply for the forthcoming adverts e.g. if your location preferences have changed or you would prefer a later start date e.g. in the new calendar year.
Reply 15
Original post by lisswin

Hiya,

I'm still struggling with the statement . Any pointers?

Xx
Reply 16
HiyaI've just been told the same for Lancashire. I'm a tad annoyed as i declined an offer from Manchester (salford) last week in the hope that I will be placed closer to home in Lancashire!
Reply 17
Hi I'm reserve list for Glasgow from July campaign score of 22. Received an email 2 weeks ago asking if would consider other locations not heard anything back since and not had email about extension of reserve list x
Original post by Jus2605
Hi I'm reserve list for Glasgow from July campaign score of 22. Received an email 2 weeks ago asking if would consider other locations not heard anything back since and not had email about extension of reserve list x

When does the reserve list expire for you?
Reply 19
When does the reserve list expire for you?

December 29th , hoping I receive an email about it being extended! been such a long wait and would really like to keep being considered x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending