The Student Room Group

Can one self study the entire A level Business in 2 months and get an A*?

How hard is it? If someone's smart enough and puts in the work could 2 months be sufficient?
Probably not. You’d have to cover all the content, understand and know all the content and then practice past papers and exam questions. 2 months is highly unlikely to be enough. You’d end up burning out almost likely.
Original post by Mesopotamian.
Probably not. You’d have to cover all the content, understand and know all the content and then practice past papers and exam questions. 2 months is highly unlikely to be enough. You’d end up burning out almost likely.

You are right, There are still around 6 months until CAIES and I estimated maybe putting in 2 months worth of studying towards business as I have Further math, math, physics, computer science plus university applications to the US left. How much studying do you think would be needed to try for an A*?
Original post by i-am-a-student-
You are right, There are still around 6 months until CAIES and I estimated maybe putting in 2 months worth of studying towards business as I have Further math, math, physics, computer science plus university applications to the US left. How much studying do you think would be needed to try for an A*?

I can’t really quantify it, it’s more the quality of your study and revision method than time spent. You will have to obviously put in a few hours every day, although how much exactly depends on you. Some people can do 10 hours of study per day but I personally can’t do that. I got A*s by consistent revision every day for 2-3 hours after school, and increased this to 6 hours on the weekend.

You're intending to do all those 5 A levels plus uni applications in one year?? Wow good luck - you're gonna need it :/
How hard is it? If someone's smart enough and puts in the work could 2 months be sufficient?

Covering 2 years of content in 2 months is very unrealistic. It might be possible if you're extremely determined, but it would be difficult especially if you're studying other a-levels alongside it.
Reply 6
Original post by Mesopotamian.
I can’t really quantify it, it’s more the quality of your study and revision method than time spent. You will have to obviously put in a few hours every day, although how much exactly depends on you. Some people can do 10 hours of study per day but I personally can’t do that. I got A*s by consistent revision every day for 2-3 hours after school, and increased this to 6 hours on the weekend.

What A-levels did you do?

And also, how did you revise? When I revise I find that most of my time is on A2 content and struggle to fit in time for A1 revision.
Reply 7

This isn’t really possible, I’m doing one year a level business and it’s already a lot so !
I mean it doesn't seem impossible. I'd recommend trying to see which topics come up the most in exam papers or which questions come up the most.
Original post by Skar02
What A-levels did you do?

And also, how did you revise? When I revise I find that most of my time is on A2 content and struggle to fit in time for A1 revision.

Biology, maths and chemistry with physics to AS level only.
My revision method varied slightly between the subjects but I used past papers for all of them as my major revision technique.
Just wondering how did it go?

Quick Reply

Latest