The Student Room Group

school & covid

One of my friends has tested positive for covid, we are a large friendship group but only 2 people in the group have been told to self isolate for two weeks, which doesn’t make any sense as we have all been around her. My mum is high risk so do I self isolate anyone or listen to what my school is saying and go in ??
Reply 1
that's so weird, a girl in my year has tested positive so our entire year has to self isolate at home for 2 weeks, even though I don't talk to her or have any lessons with her. I'm in yr 13 too so crucial year.
normally i'd probably say go in if everyone else is going in, because chances are if you have it you're not the only one in your friendship group that has it and if they're all going in you might as well too as it is too late to prevent the spread, but the fact your mum is high risk it complicates things. I'd speak to the school but honestly the school sounds pretty **** as noone in that bubble should be going in at all yet they are anyway.
What does your mum think?
Reply 2
Original post by OL12345
that's so weird, a girl in my year has tested positive so our entire year has to self isolate at home for 2 weeks, even though I don't talk to her or have any lessons with her. I'm in yr 13 too so crucial year.
normally i'd probably say go in if everyone else is going in, because chances are if you have it you're not the only one in your friendship group that has it and if they're all going in you might as well too as it is too late to prevent the spread, but the fact your mum is high risk it complicates things. I'd speak to the school but honestly the school sounds pretty **** as noone in that bubble should be going in at all yet they are anyway.
What does your mum think?

I'm year 13 too so I seriously don't get it !! Honestly, my school is dreadful and sadly does not care about the students health. My mum has been really stressing because she doesn't know what to do as she doesn't want me to get in trouble for not going in but doesn't want me to get covid and possibly give it to her or other high risk family members. I'm stressed !!!!
Reply 3
Original post by Tiap2612
I'm year 13 too so I seriously don't get it !! Honestly, my school is dreadful and sadly does not care about the students health. My mum has been really stressing because she doesn't know what to do as she doesn't want me to get in trouble for not going in but doesn't want me to get covid and possibly give it to her or other high risk family members. I'm stressed !!!!

If I were you I'd lie to the school. Say you've got COVID symptoms and so need to stay at home and get a test, then at the end of the week say you have been unable to get a test and just keep self isolating until the end of the 2 weeks.
We as students need clarification from the government as many have been affected by closures and self isolation. the government need's to provide a plan that is fair for all students and allows students to achieve what the deserve.

I strongly believe we as students should protest against this issue as it impacts our futures.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending