The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants Birmingham university 2021

This is a general forum for anyone applying for pharmacy at the University of Birmingham for entry in 2021!

Feel free to drop any questions, opinions etc you may have.

Questions you can answer to keep the thread going:
1. What grades did you get at GCSE?
2. What work experience/ volunteering/ extra curricular activities have
you done?
3. What other universities are you thinking of applying to?
4. How do you think coronavirus is going to affect the 2020-2021 year
13 cohort in terms of our UCAS applications?
5. Why do you want to apply for pharmacy?
6. Why UoB in particular?

Of course feel free to post anything else you want! This is just a basis.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey, I’ve applied to Birmingham for pharmacy this year, just last week so still don’t have a reply! I was just wondering if anyone has any information on interviews and what kind of questions they ask ☺️
Original post by hajar16
Hey, I’ve applied to Birmingham for pharmacy this year, just last week so still don’t have a reply! I was just wondering if anyone has any information on interviews and what kind of questions they ask ☺️

Hey, I'm not sure if they do interviews because I've received an offer already without having to do an interview, it also didn't say that they may ask for an interview when I put it in my choices on my UCAS form so I assumed they didn't do interviews, hope this helps :smile:
Reply 3
Original post by hajar16

I received an offer around 2 weeks ago for pharmacy without any kind of interview. I don’t think Birmingham do interviews
Reply 4
Original post by alxsha.nxyyar
Hey, I'm not sure if they do interviews because I've received an offer already without having to do an interview, it also didn't say that they may ask for an interview when I put it in my choices on my UCAS form so I assumed they didn't do interviews, hope this helps :smile:

Ohh ok that’s good thanksss
Reply 5
Original post by C0502
I received an offer around 2 weeks ago for pharmacy without any kind of interview. I don’t think Birmingham do interviews

Thanks ☺️ I’m glad some unis don’t do interviews 😂
Reply 6
Original post by C0502

Hey, how long did it take for your offer for Brum to come through?? xxx
Original post by alxsha.nxyyar

how long did it take for your offer to come through?
Does anyone know of anyone who has been offered BBB for Pharmacy at Birmingham University, as they reduce it already from AAB to ABB with an A in EPQ. But I want to know if they will then reduce that further to BBB with the new flexible admissions?
How long did your offers take to come through because i can’t stop refreshing my email 😭
Original post by C0502

how long did it take? x
Original post by bennie akparobi
How long did your offers take to come through because i can’t stop refreshing my email 😭

when did you apply?
10th
Reply 13
Will they lower the entry requirements from AAB to ABB?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 14
Original post by nyiiim
Will they lower the entry requirements from AAB to ABB?

I think so. My offer was ABB.
How long did your offer take to come?
Original post by Amsies
I think so. My offer was ABB.
Reply 16
Two weeks
How long did your offer take to come?
Reply 17
how long did it take? x

2 weeks
Does anyone understand/find the forms we have to return? Also how do we do the DBS check??
Original post by Beth.jane.xo
Does anyone understand/find the forms we have to return? Also how do we do the DBS check??

we have to return forms?

Latest