The Student Room Group

Hi

Hi
(edited 3 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Yes, its mental health is very important.
Original post by sunny.side.up
Yes, its mental health is very important.

I keep telling myself that I will revise 20 hours a day, I will pass etc, but idk if I'm just deluding myself because I *really* don't want to defer :frown:
I feel you cuz same here.
anyone else?
Original post by glossygirl
However the negatives are that I will be 20 when I start Uni and I'll be 25 when I graduate.

At least you'll graduate at this rate you're in danger of failing and worsening your mental health.

Same situation as a Computer Science student + gap year + 20 y/o and what people told me was even if I take an extra year at least you'll graduate as a Computer Science student - there's almost unlimited opportunities for you as one.
I keep telling myself that I will revise 20 hours a day, I will pass etc, but idk if I'm just deluding myself because I *really* don't want to defer :frown:

20 hours a day!? That's giving yourself 4 hours for everything else, sleeping, a social life. That's not healthy at all.
Original post by sunny.side.up
20 hours a day!? That's giving yourself 4 hours for everything else, sleeping, a social life. That's not healthy at all.

so what should i do
so what should i do

Talk for the well being team at you university, explain your situation and they help you through the process. Sorry to hear that your first year hasn’t gone well but I hope you do start again soon
Yeah
You can probably get an MCF to get extensions on coursework as well as your exams moved to August so you're panicking for no reason. Just speak your tutor and apply for an MCF
so what should i do

Take the gap year.
Original post by Anonymous
You can probably get an MCF to get extensions on coursework as well as your exams moved to August so you're panicking for no reason. Just speak your tutor and apply for an MCF

whats an MCF?
whats an MCF?

Mitigating circumstance form.
no, develop some resilience
Original post by jedygety
no, develop some resilience

she has mental health issues, it's easier said than done
she has mental health issues, it's easier said than done

everyone has 'mental health issues' these days
Original post by jedygety
everyone has 'mental health issues' these days

maybe theirs are more serious, dom't make assumptions
maybe theirs are more serious, dom't make assumptions

you misunderstood me. most people who think they have 'mental health issues' don't actually have them. life isn't easy. finding your degree difficult doesn't mean you have mental health issues.

young people seem to think that as soon as they aren't completely happy and relaxed that they have a mental illness
Take the year our and work on recovery. Ur "fast" degree option is a myth. U say urself u r gonna fail anyway so more likely failure and loss of bursary vs a staged and deliberate withdrawl to work on urself.

Wat is this obsession with graduating by a specific age?

Quick Reply

Latest