The Student Room Group

Should i tell work i have covid?

i was just diagnosed this morning, and have been self isolating for a while. I havent been to work since i was exposed to it. I hate calling work it makes me so anxious - how would ieven phrase it?

Scroll to see replies

You definitely need to tell them

Just phone and say what you've said on here - that you were diagnosed this morning so will have to self-isolate, they shouldn't be annoyed with you!
Wtf yes
I am already self isolating - and havent been to work since i was exposed to the virus is what I'm saying.
Original post by floatyboaty
i was just diagnosed this morning, and have been self isolating for a while. I havent been to work since i was exposed to it. I hate calling work it makes me so anxious - how would ieven phrase it?

Yes. They need to tell the people you were in contact with to self-isolate as well. Their health, and the health of others at your workplace matter equally as much as yours. Just tell them "I'm self-isolating as I have caught COVID". That's all you need to say.
Yes of course, you will definitely need to contact work and notify them that you have been tested positive for the coronavirus and will not be able to go to work due to self-isolation and following government public health guidelines.
Original post by Annonymousexx
Yes. They need to tell the people you were in contact with to self-isolate as well. Their health, and the health of others at your workplace matter equally as much as yours. Just tell them "I'm self-isolating as I have caught COVID". That's all you need to say.

i have not been in contact with any of them since i got the virus
i have not been in contact with any of them since i got the virus

Since you displayed symptoms. Doesn't matter, they could still have it. You might not display symptoms for a few days, but you would still have the virus, and you could still pass it on to other people.
Original post by twentystraveller
Yes of course, you will definitely need to contact work and notify them that you have been tested positive for the coronavirus and will not be able to go to work due to self-isolation and following government public health guidelines.

Since you displayed symptoms. Doesn't matter, they could still have it. You might not display symptoms for a few days, but you would still have the virus, and you could still pass it on to other people.

no - i recently had a huge outbreak of covid at school. I know when and where i caught it - and havent been into work since then
no - i recently had a huge outbreak of covid at school. I know when and where i caught it - and havent been into work since then

If you're not going to take our advice, why bother asking? Just call them, there's no harm in that.
They need to know why you shouldn't come in for the next few weeks otherwise they'll be expecting you. You could write it in an email.
Original post by chopingirl
They need to know why you shouldn't come in for the next few weeks otherwise they'll be expecting you. You could write it in an email.

nobody is reading what i wrote, im already self isolating for two weeks

If you don’t tell them your selfish

Please follow the government's guidelines for this. We want to avoid more spreading of the virus, which is likely should you return to school or work, where there are numerous groups of people. I would advise you contact whoever you need to, to notify them of this asap, you can also call and ask for their advice should you feel this is necessary. I work within healthcare, so this is paramount for you to take on board please. Wish you the best, and stay safe.
nobody is reading what i wrote, im already self isolating for two weeks

well they need to know everyone you came in close contact with the last time you were in work if they don't already know.

this thread is so dumb omg

this thread is so dumb omg

How is that?
yes. you're saying you havent been into work since coming into contact, so i'm guessing you have been isolating for some time. therefore you at least need to call them to say that you'll be isolating for even longer. all you need to do is call them, tell them your name and say that you were self isolating and was diagnosed this morning and that you'll be taking another 10 days off. what's the worst that could happen? once it's done, that's it.
If you're not going to take our advice, why bother asking? Just call them, there's no harm in that.

i asked to see if anyone could give me any reason - when nobody is reading in context when ive wrote
Original post by dicotyledon
yes. you're saying you havent been into work since coming into contact, so i'm guessing you have been isolating for some time. therefore you at least need to call them to say that you'll be isolating for even longer. all you need to do is call them, tell them your name and say that you were self isolating and was diagnosed this morning and that you'll be taking another 10 days off. what's the worst that could happen? once it's done, that's it.

I still have over 10 days left of self isolating

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending